thanks for the reply. I opened the track with your gbxdump app, and it shows the dependency for music is this..
In the musics folder I have my .mux file, and also the .loc file (bad_ego.mux.loc). the music file "bad_ego.mux" is uploaded to my FTP server which allows for direct downloads, and I've tested this by copying and pasting the URL from within the .LOC file into my web browser and it successfully downloads the file.
Whenever I boot up and edit the track in-game I click on "Advanced Customization Tools" and then click on "Choose Custom Music". From the list, which only has "Default" and "bad_ego", I choose the custom music track (the .loc file is placed in the same "Musics" folder) and then Return to the editor. I then save the project again.
I then remove the .mux file from the "Musics" folder and reboot the game and reload the track in the editor. From there I click validate to test run the track in the hope the music downloads - but it doesn't. Further to this, I upload the new save of the track to the gameserver in the "Userdata/Maps/MyMaps folder" and reboot the server.
Finally, I enter the server and play the track - no download, no music.
I'm running out of ideas and I hope that my description holds the key for you or someone to find where I am going wrong