Inertial Tracking?

Talk about the MediaTracker here

Moderator: English Moderator

Jaxry

Inertial Tracking?

Post by Jaxry »

Could somebody please explain how to use the CamFx inertial tracking camera? How do I get the auto-focus to work, what do the "dist" values control, and why do changing the min and max fovs not affect the auto-zoom, etc?

Thanks
dreadofmondays

Re: Inertial Tracking?

Post by dreadofmondays »

I'm bumping this thread because it's a genuine question that still hasn't been answered and I'm sure a ton of people, me included, would like to know.
danodude

Post by danodude »

I know its an old thread, but bumping again because I really want to know how to use this too :thumbsup:
Platysynthesis

Post by Platysynthesis »

danodude wrote:I know its an old thread, but bumping again because I really want to know how to use this too :thumbsup:
I'm really sorry this took almost 5 years for an answer xD

Inertial tracking means it can track vehicles and follow their direction realistically.

To get this effect, you must have a Custom Camera block and place it somewhere on the track, with a car so the Inertial Tracking effect can target it.

Don't untoggle "Tracking" on the Inertial Tracking block, otherwise, the camera will go crazy and the screen will go black, and you would have to restart the editor to fix it.

Minimum distance is the minimum distance required for the camera effect to follow the car, and the maximum distance is the maximum distance for the camera to stop following the car if it gets too close.

Minimum FOV is the minimum amount the camera will zoom in by feet, and maximum FOV is the opposite.

If you combine this with Depth of Field and Color Grading, you can get a pretty cool effect.
danodude

Post by danodude »

Ah, thanks. This might make it a bit easier to have realistic camera effects, as I do it with just a single custom cam block now, with loads of keys to give it the same effect...

Return to “MediaTracker”