Did I waste 10k planets on wrong game in ladder?

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

realzug

Did I waste 10k planets on wrong game in ladder?

Post by realzug »

Hi!

I run a dedicated server called PSE Funserver [Short/Mini] and wanted to upgrade it to 60k LP.
So in ladder servers I added my server (dedizug2) with Trackmania2.

I does not update in game (still 50k), which makes me wonder if I choosed the wrong game? Was I supposed to add server to Trackmania Stadium?

If I delete server under Trackmania2, do I get my planets back or how does it work?
m0ritz

Re: Did I waste 10k planets on wrong game in ladder?

Post by m0ritz »

In the dedicated.cfg file of your server should be an entry like or similar to this:

Code: Select all

<ladder_serverlimit_max>50000</ladder_serverlimit_max>
Just change it to 60000, save it and restart the server. This should solve the problem :thumbsup:
Login: m0ritz
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

If you delete your server, you might not get the planets back directly, see also here (French): viewtopic.php?f=269&t=31736&p=251653

But since you had configuration issues, I think it should be sufficient to correct them and run your upgraded server successfully. :)
Just to be sure, please also check in the player page if you selected the right game, because in the past, many users selected a wrong game type and the server was not promoted at first.
realzug

Post by realzug »

m0ritz wrote:In the dedicated.cfg file of your server should be an entry like or similar to this:

Code: Select all

<ladder_serverlimit_max>50000</ladder_serverlimit_max>
Just change it to 60000, save it and restart the server. This should solve the problem :thumbsup:
Yeah, I did this. Did not work though. I wonder if I added 10k to the wrong "game" though. In the dropdown list you can choose between 7 titles.
realzug

Post by realzug »

Update:
(In case of someone else experiencing the same thing).

As I suspected, I put my planets in the wrong game. I deleted the server and it seemed that I got my planets back, because I was able to register at the proper game instead (Trackmania Stadium, instead of Trackmania 2). I only had about 14k planets total so otherwise I would've been about 6k short.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Thanks for the feedback!
Well, actually you are not the first one, but it happens only then and when.

Good luck and good success with your server :yes: :pil

Return to “Multiplayer”