Creating server with friends.

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

svetjana

Creating server with friends.

Post by svetjana »

Do you guys have step by step-guide how to solve this problem? I have forwarded ports 80, 443, 2350-3450, and 5000, but my friends keep getting notifications that they cant join. I even shared my mobile phone connection (so there is no routers between my pc and internet) and they cant join anyway.
Miss

Re: Creating server with friends.

Post by Miss »

How are you hosting the server? Through a dedicated server or in-game local server?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

Code: Select all

<server_port>2351</server_port> 
<server_p2p_port>3451</server_p2p_port>
I feel these are the only ports you Forward in your internet wifi thingy. For the game to access your machine or Laptop.

As long as you have done all the rest. Your login and server passwords from your online profile everything should work. maybe someone could give him a link to fill the Config files and stuff.
svetjana

Post by svetjana »

I am hosting a listen server: Online play>create, then I chose maps and put time attack mode and created server with my name on it. My friends can see it in server list but cant join. So I assume I have to download some files and make login and password thingy to my online profile to make dedicated server? So normal temporary listen server creating from my pc is not possible?
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

You sound like you are creating a server from within the game then that should really be straight forward.

The problem I had was my virus protection was blocking my server when I was playing the game direct. Try looking at the notifications of the virus checker.
svetjana

Post by svetjana »

Yes that is what I am trying to do but friends cant join. I dont have any third party virus protection. Only windows defender. My brother has this same problem and we just cant figure out what is causing that.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Isn't Windows preventing access from outside if you are using a windows login without password?
svetjana

Post by svetjana »

I am using login with password. I don't know if windows has anything to do with this. I checked windows firewall settings and everything is enabled there.
Miss

Post by Miss »

It is possible that the game is reporting the wrong IP address to the masterserver, causing your friends to connect to the wrong IP. In the dedicated server this is solved with the configuration <force_ip_address>. I don't think you can configure that in local server.

Sidenote - Nadeo should really make simple lobbies like this easier, for example with peer to peer, but alas. :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

What title pack are you loading in when you create the server.

The design layout is not as easy as it once was.

Enter on line game mode in the right press CREATE. (This is what you mean)

Then asks for a script mode TimeAttack.script.pack. On page two.

Then add tracks by pressing on + in the large box.

That should be it but I have no one to try this out with unless this is not working anymore. I can actually make the server. Maybe someone else can try for him just in case this is a bug. You dont need to open any game ports for this. PORT Forward etc..

Return to “Multiplayer”