GEEX 2011 - USA TrackMania 2 Canyon Public LAN Tournament

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

fng_thatoneguy

Re: GEEX 2011 - USA TrackMania 2 Canyon Public LAN Tournamen

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 07 Oct 2011, 20:41

GEEX is going to stream the TrackMania 2 Canyon prelims tonight:
http://geexshow.com/stream.php

We will begin at 9:00pm Mountain time (UTC-7:00)

Enjoy!

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 08 Oct 2011, 00:21

Registration is now officially closed.

Take a look at the Team FNG blog for a list of the contestants, and make sure to watch them on the stream tonight!

Especially make sure you're there to watch "In Dust We Trust" -- it has been the cause of several people leaving the server on a nightly basis. :)

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 08 Oct 2011, 06:44

The results are in!
Go check out the results and see who our finalists are.

http://news.friday-night-gaming.com/201 ... _1854.html

We're looking forward to an incredible finals match at GEEX next Friday night. Make sure to check out the recorded stream at:
http://www.twitch.tv/geexshow/b/296939636

Skip to 31 minutes; where the start of the tournament is (at least at the time of this writing... not sure if they'll be able to edit it.)

Congrats to our top 10! Looking forward to finals next week. :yes:

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 11 Oct 2011, 10:21

The track pack for the finals has been posted!
http://wan-party.com/files/geex/2011/ge ... finals.zip

Description and props to the awesome track authors can be found on the Team FNG blog.

Race them with us on the GEEX practice server:
maniaplanet://#join=fng_geex_01

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 15 Oct 2011, 01:29

The TrackMania 2 tournament has been delayed due to some technical difficulties with the Xbox Gears of War 3 tournament preceding it.

We aren't sure yet what time it will start... GEEX is guessing 7:00-7:30PM Mountain time (1-1.5 hours later than planned) -- so for those that are wanting to watch them, please be patient and stay tuned.

Stay tuned on Twitch.tv where they will be streaming it.

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo » 15 Oct 2011, 04:27

I'm sure ThatOneGuy will report the official standings. But from speccing on the live stream... I can report that the final scores were...

Iceman 247
Fallout 221
Kawa 198

Congrats to Iceman!!!! :clap:
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

MacDuffman

Post by MacDuffman » 15 Oct 2011, 04:41

Congrats ICE! Next time mates, I'll be around to create some havok.

Where was the shut out though? :P

iceman23

Post by iceman23 » 15 Oct 2011, 16:41

MacDuffman wrote:Congrats ICE! Next time mates, I'll be around to create some havok.

Where was the shut out though? :P
Lol I tried but Fallout pulled out a cut on the first map that I didn't know about. It was a fight the whole way, definitely much closer than the final scores appear. If you guys didn't have a chance to watch the stream the VOD should be up, definitely worth checking out! Thanks to everyone and especially Jeff for making this happen, it's awesome to finally by able to attend a LAN after years of playing trackmania. It was simply an awesome experience being on stage.

fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 15 Oct 2011, 21:11

Congrats again, Iceman. I noticed you posted that whilst still travelling home. I'm surprised you weren't zonked out, but I guess the adrenaline/suspense of wanting to try a brand new gaming laptop would give me a little extra adrenaline to stay awake during a layover too. :)

Hope you enjoy it my friend.

The rest of the standings are posted at the Team FNG blog.

My apologies to all that were trying to view the stream last night... lots of complications delayed our tournament and caused us to start a couple of hours late. We had major audio difficulties too, which explains why we kept looping the beginning of the official announcement video we wanted to introduce the tournament with... I went and checked the stream and it sounds like there is no commentary. :shock:

I'm so sorry... I don't know what happened there.

Should you still like to watch (there were some REALLY close races on some of those tracks) ... please skip ahead to the 23:00 minute mark which is the start of the actual tournament on the GEEX stage.

Again, thank you for all involved in this incredible tournament. It really became a worldwide event involving players across the entire USA, track authors around the entire globe, Nadeo, Ubisoft, Intel... nothing short of amazing. I'm glad I could be a part of something so epic.

Thanks also to those who supported us by watching the prelims and finals, both live and on the stream. Despite the technical difficulties, it was an awesome tournament.

GG! :thumbsup:

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo » 15 Oct 2011, 22:19

It looked to me like there were about 1500 watching the live stream. Anyone watching the chat knew why it was delayed... because there were people from the event reporting on it. Overall everyone was very patient. We had a lot of well known TM players dropping by; frostbeule, phil, anxiety was there, ganjarider, havoc... and also a lot of people curious about TM. Iceman's roommate was there. I invited a few people from my minecraft server and they came to check out what TM was all about. One of them said they're going to buy it next week.

It was too bad the Gears of War guys ran late, plus your audio difficulties. But everyone in the chat was having some good fun with it. Pegi3 Pegi3 Pegi3 Pegi3.... WHO IS PEGI!?!? looool Yes I know it's the European rating system.

Because of the lack of commentary, I tried to explain the points system, what the current scores were, which track we were on, some background about the tracks and the game, etc. It was not as good as having some live commentary, but hopefully it kept people entertained.

It was a really exciting match to watch! Some fantastic driving! It's really great to see a tournament for TM being held here in the states.

I know everyone involved, from the drivers and track authors, to the event organizers and sponsors... is as grateful to you for organizing this amazing event as you are to them for making it a success. So there's plenty of hugs to go around. :thx:

Here's hoping this is just the beginning of such LAN events for TM here in the states. :thumbsup:
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit

Return to “Multiplayer”