Problems using Rematch feature on MatchMaking servers

You can talk about ManiaScript for ManiaPlanet here

Moderator: English Moderator

killerboye

Problems using Rematch feature on MatchMaking servers

Post by killerboye »

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to make the rematch system 'work/get activated' on MatchMaking servers (when a match has ended).
I have the MB_Settings_UseDefaultMatchmaking setting enabled. So it should call MM_CloseSession() automatically.

I am not sure if it does, but what happens is, that the rematch gets skipped and a next mapvote screen opens and then a next match can be played (new map). It keeps on doing that infinitely, it doesn't even looks at the S_MatchMakingVoteNbMax (which is set on 2, so only 2 rematches should happen and not more).

Currently I had to disable 'rematch' by putting this at the end of the Match_EndMap label to get back to the lobby.

Code: Select all

if (MM_IsMatchServer()) {
		MM_Private_MatchToLobby();
	}
I was able to get the Rematch UI open by forcing the vote for rematch function in a local environment tho.

Any idea what I didn't think about or is there something wrong with the Nadeo MatchMaking library that broke the rematch system? (I haven't seen the rematch system in use for a long time on servers)
killerboye

Re: Problems using Rematch feature on MatchMaking servers

Post by killerboye »

I had some issues still, but the match ends properly, but a rematch UI never opens yet.
If the RematchRatio is set to 1. Then it directly says that it didn't reach enough votes and goes back to lobby.
If it is 0, then a rematch automatically starts (like normal is for the setting).

I have looked at how Elite does it, but I can't figure out where the rematch UI gets triggered...
Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Problems using Rematch feature on MatchMaking servers

Post by Eole »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, did you get it to work in the end?
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!

Return to “ManiaScript”