[request] Possibility to hide scoreboard on tab-layer

You can talk about ManiaScript for ManiaPlanet here

Moderator: English Moderator

reaby

[request] Possibility to hide scoreboard on tab-layer

Post by reaby »

Hi,

As it is not possible to customize scoreboard at tab-layer... maybe you (Nadeo) could supply us a possibility to disable it totally.... to have empty tab-layer for widgets! I wish to build racing widgets to tab-layer, but it's hard, even not challening since scoreboard takes 80% of the space available.

Many thanks,
Reaby
oliverde8

Re: [request] Possibility to hide scoreboard on tab-layer

Post by oliverde8 »

:thumbsup:
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
endbase

Post by endbase »

+1 from me !
Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole »

Hi,

Are you talking about the possibility to do that in ManiaScript in general or more specifically from an xmlrpc server manager perspective?
In the first case you can use the ScoreTableOnlyManialink variable on the UI and avoid loading a scores table module to get a blank tab page. But I suppose you're more interested in the second case?
You should already be able to do that for the scores table displayed with the alt key for the player or globally, but you want to be able to do the same thing for the tab key?
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!
reaby

Post by reaby »

Many thanks Eole for the detailed answer!

I'll try first when I send a manialink for each player to set the ClientUI.ScoreTableOnlyManialink = True. I think it will work nicely, I saw there's also Text ClientUI.Scoretable, which I think is for custom scoretable xml with script .
reaby

Post by reaby »

Update:

I do something wrong or there is missing bindings for ClientUI ?

ManiaScript snipplet I used:

Code: Select all

ClientUI.ScoreTableOnlyManialink = True;            
            ClientUI.ScoreTable = """
            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
            <manialink version="3">
                <quad pos="0 50" z-index="0" size="140 20" bgcolor="FFFA" halign="center"/>
            </manialink>            
            """;
reaby

Post by reaby »

Eole wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 09:21 Are you talking about the possibility to do that in ManiaScript in general or more specifically from an xmlrpc server manager perspective?
Both will do fine, but I think there's no need to add a special binding for Xmlrpc interface as maniascript works nicely and I'm sending alot of maniascript anyway.
Eole wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 09:21 In the first case you can use the ScoreTableOnlyManialink variable on the UI and avoid loading a scores table module to get a blank tab page. But I suppose you're more interested in the second case?
As my previous update posting, if possible to use ClientUI to do this would be fine! Or maybe adding new value to xmlrpc triggerModeScriptEvent('Trackmania.UI.SetProperties') ? either or both would do very good!
Eole wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 09:21 You should already be able to do that for the scores table displayed with the alt key for the player or globally, but you want to be able to do the same thing for the tab key?
No. I wish to either hide or customize the default scoretable and keep the layer visible when pressing tab.

Idea would be to use scoretable-layer for displaying more of server widgets, unfortunately for that, the current scoretable takes too much space.
I wish to keep the racing view with minimum amount of widgets. Currently using only BestCheckpoints, Checkpoints info, Chrono, Chat, and Speed with integrated TA timelimit. Every other widget I wish to place when you press Tab with more detailed view :)
Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole »

We need to fix something on the client/server to make this work correctly. It probably won't happen before new year. In the meantime you can patch your development server scripts with these ones. It implements a first version of control on the scores table visibility with xmlrpc.

You need to set the xmlrpc script api version to 2.4.0. Then you can use Trackmania.UI.SetProperties to change the scores table visibility with the new "visible" property:

TriggerModeScriptEventArray("Trackmania.UI.SetProperties", [
  "
  <ui_properties>
    <scorestable alt_visible="true" visible="true" />
  </ui_properties>
  "
]);
Alternatively you can use Trackmania.UI.SetProperty:

TriggerModeScriptEventArray("Trackmania.UI.SetProperty", ["scorestable", "visibility", "false"])
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!
reaby

Post by reaby »

Now that's a fast response :shock:, Wow!
Many many many thanks :thumbsup:, I'll test this soonish (most likely tomorrow :D)
reaby

Post by reaby »

This works, but only half way!

If i set the ui properties using xml, the properties applies only for one map, and if player joins, the ui properties isn't applied.
Hopefully you could fix this to work properly ?

Thanks,
Reaby

Return to “ManiaScript”