finding what servers players are at

Maniaplanet public API, ManiaConnect system and the open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

Alexey85

finding what servers players are at

Post by Alexey85 »

I guess only Nadeo can answer to this.
I need to get the servers were specified players are at so that it would not require a separate service call for each server or for each player. As far as I understand this is not possible with current API. This can be done if one of the following API existed:
1. API that returns servers as https://ws.maniaplanet.com/servers/ but with player logins included. (the best option)
2. API that accepts list of player logins and returns lists of items where each item contains a player login and the server the player is in.
Nadeo, can you add something like this? If answer is yes, then when it is going to be available approximately? In a few months or in a few years?
Last edited by Alexey85 on 19 Jul 2015, 23:32, edited 2 times in total.
weerwolf

Re: finding what servers players are at

Post by weerwolf »

I can aswer this for u too ;) Yes, ofcourse this is technically possible. No, for privacy reasons.
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

weerwolf wrote:I can aswer this for u too ;) Yes, ofcourse this is technically possible. No, for privacy reasons.
But it is possible to get players list for a specified server
https://ws.maniaplanet.com/servers/{server login}/players/
Why no concerns about privacy with this service point?
weerwolf

Post by weerwolf »

simple thought: if you could track my login, you would know exactly my wandering around maniaplant, even store temporary adhoc servers im starting, online times etc etc
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

weerwolf wrote:simple thought: if you could track my login, you would know exactly my wandering around maniaplant, even store temporary adhoc servers im starting, online times etc etc
If to check only Shootmania servers, then I can already do that as often as every 5 minutes or so by using the service point I mention above if I didn't have to use MP services for anything else. It is possible to track among all MP servers but much less often.
The current API is not good for me because checking players would take too much time for my purposes because of the limits on amount of requests per time. That's why I ask to implement API which will allow to do what is already possible but will require a lot less requests.
weerwolf

Post by weerwolf »

oh , i do understand what u seek, really. There are potential really nice functions with that. I got a little bit rusty with the api, but i believe u can check where or a buddy is online. For myself spoken, i would not appreciate it, when im using my buddy setting offline for example and some website can show that i am online.

You made your request here to Nadeo, lets see what their vision is ;)

Return to “Maniaplanet Web Services”