Policy for increasing request rate limitation

Maniaplanet public API, ManiaConnect system and the open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Policy for increasing request rate limitation

Post by gouxim »

Fellow coders,

A few asked me about increasing the request rate limit so I thought i'd share our policy on the forum for future reference.

Our policy is not to increase the request rate limit a priori. It allow us to better handle server load ; it also "force" developers to use important best practices such as caching (no need to request the same player object 1000 times per hours ; it's better to cache it for like 1 or 2 hours). Moreover, in my experience, people tend to underestimate this limit.

If however you actually reach the limit (see graph on the API username management page), send me a message with your username: I will check the graph and increase the limit if needed.

QED :ugeek:
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Policy for increasing request rate limitation

Post by gouxim »

When you say
why don't separate the OAuth part? On a big site, it is really easy to be at 200 connections in one hour
I don't agree. It really depends on the kind of service your offering.

Nevertheless, the goal is to provide a worflow that is confortable for the developpers, whether they use data services or auth services.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

I have seen it's now 600 request per hour :thumbsup:
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

:yes:

Return to “Maniaplanet Web Services”