How to use bots in your title packs

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

Kak0

Re: How to use bots in your title packs

Post by Kak0 » 31 Jul 2013, 14:54

Fadden wrote:If a bot stops shooting and rushing the player because he is too far, he returns to his path. And sometimes (around once on 10 times), he starts to turn around and doesn't attack if the player is near...
Erf, I thought this wouldn't happen anymore :
Kak0 wrote:Update 22/05/13
[...]
Bugfix : the bot could sometimes run in circle while trying to reach a point
[...]
I'll have a look again, I suppose that this fix wasn't enough. Thanks for the report.

spaii

Post by spaii » 01 Aug 2013, 02:33

Hi all,

Is there any way to access informations of bot items that are not placed with the path function ?

For example, if i place a bot on map, and i don't use the path feature, when i want to spawn theses bots by myself, it's not possible because theses bots are not in BotPaths list (BotPaths.count = 0). and they are not in BotPlayers list too.

I have to use UseAutoSpawnBots = True; All theses bots are correctly spawned, but BotPlayers list is empty too...

Edit : BTW, it's not possible to place a tag on a bot with block property button when we are in path mode.

Kak0

Post by Kak0 » 01 Aug 2013, 09:04

The bot items are not accessible from script. These are meant to be a part of the map, some sort of living decoration if you prefer. To control bots from script, you need to use the BotPaths.

spaii

Post by spaii » 01 Aug 2013, 17:36

ok, thx for response.

I know this part of ManiaPlanet is on rails, but i don't understand, why we can place bot items (living decoration) with tags (Anchor Data), but no access on spawn for it.
And we can place bot path accessible via script with no possibilities to tag them.

When i'm on bot path mode and i click on block property icon, all bot paths disapear and it's not possible to tag them.

Perhaps this feature is not yet implemented...

I did this little video with counters for some values

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-lDfZLvaM

Thx ;)

kadaz

Post by kadaz » 03 Aug 2013, 15:35

:) I think that bots should also have their own spawn pods.. if desired.
Last edited by kadaz on 13 Mar 2015, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

kadaz

Post by kadaz » 18 Dec 2013, 20:33

Been studying the bots for a while now and I can point out a few traits that they have.

:arrow: The bot script uses bot behavior "Saunter" with Chilling time "0" and Radius "1000"

1. they like getting hooked on the arrow pads, instead noticing that they running on the spot and change direction.
2. they happen to follow a patterned route through out the maps, in a straight line almost at some times.
3. they do not like heights, drop offs and sometimes just pick a corner or a wall to jump back and forth.
4. they like to hang out on the spawn pods, 5 or 6 at time, just simmering waiting for the spawns to heatup??
5. they don't use hook, uhm perhaps at a later date, yet the bots probably will just swing out of the map.
6. they also sometimes, yet rarely, do dizzy spinners in circles, like I found the spot, yah see it, yah that's it.
7. they like the boosters, sometimes they go back to ride the booster and go back down/up to redo repeatedly.

:lol: Thats about all I've seen so far..

steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen » 18 Dec 2013, 20:41

I can confirm almost everything
personally I didn't encounter 4. yet, except when they are afraid to go out of the spawn because there is a drop of 1meter ^^
kadaz wrote:like I found the spot, yah see it, yah that's it
this sums it up so well xD thanks for the lol
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

kadaz

Post by kadaz » 19 Jan 2014, 21:51

steeffeen wrote:I can confirm almost everything
    personally I didn't encounter 4. yet, except when they are afraid to go out of the spawn because there is a drop of 1meter ^^
    :lol: :lol:

:arrow: If bots had personalities (they don't)

:idea: If you catch them spinning in circles, just a tap will do, and sit on the floor and watch.
    :idea: If they are standing at a wall, the bot is being punished, it's learning a recommended lesson.
    :idea: If they are hopping around back and forth, ask if they need to go pee and see them run.
    :idea: If they happened to have fallen or leaped in the water and can't find the way out, drain the lake.
    :idea: If they using the boosters repeatedly, tell them to pay for another ticket or find another ride.

Anyone want to help?
    US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm Offline
    EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm Offline
    US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium Online

Kak0

Post by Kak0 » 21 Jan 2014, 17:19

kadaz wrote: 6. they also sometimes, yet rarely, do dizzy spinners in circles, like I found the spot, yah see it, yah that's it.
    7. they like the boosters, sometimes they go back to ride the booster and go back down/up to redo repeatedly.
    There will be some improvements on that part in the next update. The bots shouldn't get stuck doing circles (although you might see them do one or two circles, but they will then proceed), and there was indeed a bug with the bumpers that has been fixed, although it might not fix all the weird behaviours.
    kadaz wrote: 2. they happen to follow a patterned route through out the maps, in a straight line almost at some times.
    I don't understand what you mean.
    kadaz wrote: If they are hopping around back and forth
    If it happens with a bot with the Patrol behaviour, check that the variable Patrol_Mode is initialized. This should also be fixed in next update. For the other behaviours, I will keep investigating.

kadaz

Post by kadaz » 21 Jan 2014, 20:31

:3 No more free rides thou, ha, I would usually just bounce them at the feet and they go else where.
    2. they happen to follow a patterned route through out the maps..
    Yah the bots do spin alot of time, I hardly seem the move out of it, yet probably because of the strict settings,

Seriously, I seen bots following after one another on the same path, even on the same side of the wall, and then end up piled up somewhere in the map, basically had to recreate some to provide ways out of the bot magnet.

In the replay I msg.. they will goto the outside booster and just tag the dirt wall, jump the booster and go back down, hop around against the wall and occasionally keep repeating the booster.. (more times in this replay)

I believe this is from the same spawn, and they follow the same path around the map, identical almost.

Also I sent you the script to have closer look to see if there is an explanation of any other occurrences.

:D Looking forward to the update.
    US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm Offline
    EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm Offline
    US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium Online

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”