How to use bots in your title packs

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

Kak0

Re: How to use bots in your title packs

Post by Kak0 »

ApplePie wrote:Is it possible to change the team of the bots without scripting?
Because when I try to create a horde map, bots without path are in the red team and bot with path are in the blue team
The autonomous bots (the ones without path) can't be handled by the script and are neutral, although they appear red, which means they would attack any player in front of them (at least they are supposed to). For the ones with path, you can press Space to change the clan of the selected path (although the script still decides if it wants to use the clan defined in the BotPath).

A quick note about autonomous bots : for the moment it is impossible to test autonomous bots (section 3a) on a local server in Storm, you need to use the Test Map with Mode button in the Advanced Customisation Tools menu of the editor (or just click on the green flag if the maptype is configured to launch the mode on validation, like the Horde maptype).
Applepie

Post by Applepie »

oh thank you but I found out that it's not escape what you wrote instead it is space to change the team :mrgreen:
YonCan

Post by YonCan »

First of all: These new possibilities with bots sound cool :yes:

Am I understanding this right: With scripted bots I can create some sort of a single player first/third person shooter map, where I'm not defending a stationary point of the map but where the player is following a path through the map encountering several enemies he has to defeat in order to reach the end point of this level (like good old Jedi Knight for example)?
Kak0

Post by Kak0 »

Applepie wrote:oh thank you but I found out that it's not escape what you wrote instead it is space to change the team :mrgreen:
Haha sorry, I did write Escape in the first place, but when I noticed, I corrected with the French word :? Typically me *facepalm* :mrgreen: I edited my post to correct it ;)
YonCan wrote:Am I understanding this right: With scripted bots I can create some sort of a single player first/third person shooter map, where I'm not defending a stationary point of the map but where the player is following a path through the map encountering several enemies he has to defeat in order to reach the end point of this level (like good old Jedi Knight for example)?
You could easilly have bots spawning when a player captures a pole or walks on a checkpoint for instance. For the Third Person Shooter aspect, I think it is another problem :mrgreen:
Lusketrollet

Post by Lusketrollet »

So one can use these bots to simulate multiplayer-matches, then?
Mr.DVD

Post by Mr.DVD »

Very Nice Thx for the Bots :D

http://www.twitch.tv/mrdvd76/c/2136868

:3
:pop:
Kak0

Post by Kak0 »

Lusketrollet wrote:So one can use these bots to simulate multiplayer-matches, then?
We don't have an AI that simulates the behaviour of a player for the moment, if it is the question. We designed these bots to be either part of a map, regardless of the mode (autonomous bots), a bit like the offzone, or to be part of the gameplay of a mode (script-managed bots). I am not saying we won't do this later, or that it is not possible to do it with the current API, or that you shouldn't try to do it. I am only saying that we didn't design these bots as a way to replace players.
Kak0

Post by Kak0 »

Just a detail : I did some little corrections in the script, and the times for the medals were not set in the first map *facepalm*. You can redownload it with the link at the beginning of the post if you want to (not essential though).
viperML

Post by viperML »

Can we use as skin (Skins/Models/ArenaPlayer) the OrganicSmall.zip? Or would it be weird?
TitiShu

Post by TitiShu »

Is it posisble to decrease a little the time betwen each bots spawn ???

Because on a map with more "relief" they block each other

And is it possible to make them walk in the shoal (haut-fond) ?? Like an invasion coming from the water... xD
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”