Creating a skin.pack.gbx for mod

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

teglafal

Re: Creating a skin.pack.gbx for mod

Post by teglafal »

Electron wrote:No. Unselect the checkbox beside the "Title" button.
The screen should look like this picture.
Yep, You are the man, thank You! I was an idiot at that point, since they call the "title" section as it would be the title of the mod :$
Just one question remained: how should I create a mod.gbx with forcing the access immediately? I mean if a user got my mod from the server via p2p download, it doesnt shows up when it finished. He has to copy it out from the cache and paste it into the mods and have to try to make a map with it, because at this point it says: "Access to data 'xy mod' obtained.", and after that, the mod appears correctly. How can I force that by default? Why should a user obtain an access via the editor to play with the mod?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

It is different if the player gets the mod via autodownload on a server (there it is only stored in the cache, no need to spend planets), or if the player wants to create an own map with the mod (here the player has to download the mod, put it into mods folder, and eventually unlock it with a few planets).

It is a known bug that a server based mod is not displayed automatically, sometimes the players have to wait for a few map changes, or press ESC to display the ingame menu and ESC again to close it - then the mod is applied as well.
teglafal

Post by teglafal »

TMarc wrote:It is different if the player gets the mod via autodownload on a server (there it is only stored in the cache, no need to spend planets), or if the player wants to create an own map with the mod (here the player has to download the mod, put it into mods folder, and eventually unlock it with a few planets).

It is a known bug that a server based mod is not displayed automatically, sometimes the players have to wait for a few map changes, or press ESC to display the ingame menu and ESC again to close it - then the mod is applied as well.
The mod is free, costs 0 planets, and doesnt matter how many times he restarts the game or whatever, the mod doesnt show up... :O Until that obtain access thingy.. After that, without giving a single planet point or whatever, it works. The question is that why it doesnt work via p2p download, when the mod is basically free? :O
Electron

Post by Electron »

This time TMark is right. Normally you don't need to obtain the license of a package to only view its content online. Otherwise car skins won't work.
But I also can confirm that sometimes this doesn't work. I don't know the reason.
Maybe removing the checkbox beneath the Title button doesn't clear all internal flags. I would try to start with a clean pack. And no, it's still not possible to delete/unregister a package.
TM²: TrackMania Telemetry Monitor version 1.2.4
teglafal

Post by teglafal »

Electron wrote:This time TMark is right. Normally you don't need to obtain the license of a package to only view its content online. Otherwise car skins won't work.
But I also can confirm that sometimes this doesn't work. I don't know the reason.
Maybe removing the checkbox beneath the Title button doesn't clear all internal flags. I would try to start with a clean pack. And no, it's still not possible to delete/unregister a package.
Well, the funny thing is that when I'm using the zip file as the mod, it downloads from the server and after that it's visible immediately. Created the gbx from that zip file several times, but with the gbx, it doesnt work... Wondering, others how can do it...? :O Basically my goal is to create a gbx file which works via p2p download and shows up without any kind of obtainings...
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Probably it is some network / firewall or timing issue, eventually with the "registration" of packs in the maniaplanet profile, even if they are free.

Since nobody has a good explanation it is apparently some bad magic.

Can anyone else try to get the mod? If you give us our server name...
teglafal

Post by teglafal »

I was afraid that the solution will be that there is no solution.. :O
I created the gbx file several times, but nothing has changed. Tried several people, and also I've tried it too with removing the mod from my library, and the result was the same.. after downloading the mod, everything remained the same... But after obtaining, it was workable...
BestNoob

Post by BestNoob »

teglafal wrote: 02 Jan 2016, 19:23 I was afraid that the solution will be that there is no solution.. :O
I created the gbx file several times, but nothing has changed. Tried several people, and also I've tried it too with removing the mod from my library, and the result was the same.. after downloading the mod, everything remained the same... But after obtaining, it was workable...

I found the Problem, the location of the files you want to pack must be the same they are/should stored/unpacked/used in later.

I think its a bug, because game/you need to create a MODNAME.Skin.Pack.Gbx file but actually (doesnt matter what i tried .zip in .gbx oder data directly into gbx) it just creates a Pack.Gbx and a Pack GBX is used only for Title Packs

Because Titles = Stations = Stadium,Valley,Canyon and are NOT environment modifications called MODs.

Today i have the same problem thats the reason i push this thread ...

Maybe one day ... Nadeo will store all needed informations for modders on a central place good to acces, with a good overview ... one day .... maybe
(sarkasm is a neede thign in live)
To join my TM Servers, search for: bestnoob :thumbsup:
Miss

Post by Miss »

BestNoob wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 14:06 Maybe one day ... Nadeo will store all needed informations for modders on a central place good to acces, with a good overview ... one day .... maybe
(sarkasm is a neede thign in live)
You could always contribute on Github! :thumbsup:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Electron

Post by Electron »

BestNoob wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 14:06I think its a bug, because game/you need to create a MODNAME.Skin.Pack.Gbx file but actually (doesnt matter what i tried .zip in .gbx oder data directly into gbx) it just creates a Pack.Gbx and a Pack GBX is used only for Title Packs
A title pack is stored inside a *.Title.Pack.gbx file. Skins are stored as *.Skin.Pack.Gbx file (including mods). All other files (items, blocks, maps, etc.) are stored inside a *.Pack.Gbx file. The source files must indeed be in the correct folders.

Also make sure for a mod that a maniacedited package is created and not a title, as you did here.

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”