Titlepack packing dont work: maximum reached?

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

Skyslide

Titlepack packing dont work: maximum reached?

Post by Skyslide »

as you can see, the pack is 4gb big, but the data inside is worthless, maniaplanet is not able to read/write the file correctly.
im not able to pack the rpg titlepack anymore, is 4gb the limit?
thats sad, we embedded 15 mods which are 220mb each, do we have to remove them, or will this get a "fix"?

@nadeo
TMarc

Re: Titlepack packing dont work: maximum reached?

Post by TMarc »

yeah, smells like a 4GB limit...
Could you try to remove something, to keep the title smaller than 4GB?
please also think of the required download time, not everybody has fiber or fast DSL at home :|
scavfan

Post by scavfan »

TMarc wrote: 20 May 2018, 15:11 please also think of the required download time, not everybody has fiber or fast DSL at home :|
pack filesize is usually the reason maniaplanet stops downloading file mid-way and has to start over (and i usually have no time for another hour of two of downloading :( )

are embedded mods realy necessary? they can be downloaded via locators anyway.
Miss

Post by Miss »

I tried installing RPG a while ago for some testing thing but ended up cancelling and using some other titlepack instead because the download was just way too long :P (I have 500/500 mbit too..)
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Skyslide

Post by Skyslide »

if nando doesnt fix updating crap we might gonna remove all mods and update all maps again on mx, change mod (add locator)
we didnt expect that you have to download the whole pack every time again, once you have the titlepack, you can start was the idea
but well if we have to choice, i can live with 800mb for every update, that what we have if we remove all mods
scavfan

Post by scavfan »

when i tried updating rpg titlepack recently, it downloaded only the updated part (so download size was 1GB or something), but maniaplanet said "file corrupted" (or something similar) when trying to load the updated titlepack. then the game started re-downloading the entire titlepack (4.3 GB). i clicked cancel, looked at packs folder and rpg titlepack was gone.

i updated other titlepacks, but i never got "file corrupted" message after download :/
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Yep, I had exactly the same disappointing experience as scavfan last week. My 8Gb connection gave me time to make dinner, eat it, wash up, pop down to the night markets, read a book, paint the house (inside only - night-time) and catch a few hours sleep. So it wasn't all bad, except all I really wanted was to try a new RPG map - just one.

As for my web speed, I feel so lucky to be in Australia, a modern country with all the best services! Yeah right. :|
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
tnc1976

Post by tnc1976 »

Dynamic Updater ? that just updates new or changed files in a pack ?
Harest

Post by Harest »

Yeah, kinda necropost i know.
A bit sad nothing has been done to change this arbitrary limit of 4 GB / Go. At first i thought it'd be a funny limit due to using FAT32 file system on old HDD, but since the files are hosted with AmazonS3, it's definitely not the case.

But like it was said, there were also issues with the download manager not being that great and restarting the entire download for any little hiccup. So for small connections it wasn't a great experience to say the least.

On a side note, since all the work has been done thanks to @Skyslide, Eyebo (and maybe others ?), couldn't it be possible for Nadeo to host the mods ? There were in the TP before after all, so it'd be fair that mods were hosted on Nadeo servers.

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”