Dynamic object in Trackmania

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

benj9029

Dynamic object in Trackmania

Post by benj9029 »

Hey,

just read a few threads about the dynamic objects in shootmania. As I understand, we can apply some behaviour to the blocks to modify his weapon for example. If yes the block that makes you laser shooter is a dynamic block (I guess). Now 2 questions

1)Can dynamic object change Block properties? I don't really know but makes it move to another place or makes it boost

2)Can dynamic object change Player properties? The thing is that as dommy showed us, grvity can be slightly modified through a game mode extended from another one, so not included in the map. Can Dynamic blocks change Car gravity when you drive on them, as shoot mania when it changes player weapon when you walk on it.

If there is any yes, could you send some example of code and also, how to make those blocks cause it could create a new kind of maps.

MosKi.
Discord: MosKi#4531
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: Dynamic object in Trackmania

Post by Dommy »

benj9029 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 14:26Just read a few threads about the dynamic objects in shootmania. As I understand, we can apply some behaviour to the blocks to modify his weapon for example.
Can you link the threads? Because I'm convinced you have read about dynamic objects, commonly referred as pickups. They are small spawnable entities that can be picked up by the player, resulting in eg. a weapon slot being added. Some support physics to some extend, that being affected by gravity or being able to be shot. These objects so far exist only in ShootMania.
benj9029 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 14:26If yes the block that makes you laser shooter is a dynamic block (I guess).
Laser pad is no different than a regular block. Exception is the surface material, which causes the player weapon to switch to Laser when stood on. Turbo blocks in TrackMania do exactly the same, except in this case the car receives a boost. You can easily make your custom blocks feature such behaviour if you use the right material.

Note that SM and TM run separate game cores. Laser pad surface has no effect on cars in TM (in SM it still changes weapon as a weapon is wielded while inside a car). Turbo surface has no effect on arena player (unless they enter a car).
benj9029 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 14:261)Can dynamic object change Block properties? I don't really know but makes it move to another place or makes it boost
Define "block properties". So far I have only seen custom TM checkpoints, which have their respawn location set off away from trigger, allowing some sort of "teleportation" (if that's what you mean with "makes it move to another place"). And speaking of boost, there are a bunch of objects available on ManiaPark that provide booster functionality.
benj9029 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 14:262)Can dynamic object change Player properties? The thing is that as dommy showed us, grvity can be slightly modified through a game mode extended from another one, so not included in the map. Can Dynamic blocks change Car gravity when you drive on them, as shoot mania when it changes player weapon when you walk on it.
In SM? Sure thing - if a game mode is coded to response to a player picking up an object with, let's say, giving unlimited ammo or refilling stamina, it's gonna work. In TM? There are no dynamic objects, hopefully we may see them in a distant future update.

Gravity can be modified alongside acceleration multiplier and steering speed. Game modes may only reduce it to a value between 0.1 and 1.0, but custom vehicle item may have any of these set to anything between -inf to inf. Such model (item) can be forced by a map, no need for a game mode to do it. Object must be bundled with a title pack tho.

In SM there is a block, which when walked on can change the direction of player's gravity force. It has no effect on cars, whether you try it with SM or TM. Moreover, car properties cannot be changed while spawned - any change takes effect after next respawn.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
benj9029

Re: Dynamic object in Trackmania

Post by benj9029 »

Hey,
Can you link the threads?
I've reade this thread viewtopic.php?f=321&t=30417&p=239991&hi ... 3F#p239991 and the documentation on GRAV and by changing player Guns that's when I though of changing player properties
Laser pad surface has no effect on cars in TM (in SM it still changes weapon as a weapon is wielded while inside a car). Turbo surface has no effect on arena player (unless they enter a car).
To do this, is it like a special item that you pickup and through gamemode the "player" change from human to car ? Another question is, if a SM player enter in TM Car, does the car have to go to a start ?
Define "block properties".
Honestly, even myself I can't remember what I meant by block properties
car properties cannot be changed while spawned - any change takes effect after next respawn.
Respawn or Reset ? Do you think it will change in the future cause it can be interesting for doing jump changing gravity for example

Thanks for answering with so much details

MosKi
Discord: MosKi#4531

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”