NadeoImporter: Alpha transparent textures

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

RayKoopa

Re: NadeoImporter: Alpha transparent textures

Post by RayKoopa »

Yep, I noticed that alpha transparent faces of one object are seemingly sorted by the objects center, so I tricked a bit with backface culling on enclosed transparent boxes to get rid of issues with that. :D
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

RayKoopa wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 12:21 Yep, I noticed that alpha transparent faces of one object are seemingly sorted by the objects center, so I tricked a bit with backface culling on enclosed transparent boxes to get rid of issues with that. :D
Can you elaborate on how you got rid of the issue? z-depth in its entirety is broken in MP (and in many other games, it's a big issue) but I haven't figured out a workaround yet :?
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
RayKoopa

Post by RayKoopa »

Oh that was only possible in my specific case, I'm afraid :C
I had a closed transparent body (cube) you saw from the outside, and didn't cull the inside faces at first.
The inner, further away inside of the cube started to show in front of the closer outside. I just culled the inside since they weren't required, and the problem was solved.
If you _do_ have closed surfaces you only see from the outside, you may try culling the inside too.

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”