Gui elements sizes

Open source, lightweight PHP framework for Manialink and Web development.

Moderator: NADEO

beauchette

Gui elements sizes

Post by beauchette »

Hi,

I read the getting started doc, parts of the api reference, and looked at some code from examples and other people.

and I still have no clue as to what sizes are. it seems the screen is divided in equal width and height whatever the resolution is, but is there some documentation I missed talking about that ?
because I'd really like to know more of it, like what are the width and height.
m4rcel

Re: Gui elements sizes

Post by m4rcel »

I wrote a detailled Tutorial to the Maniaplanet Manialinks, but the English version is far away from being up-to-date. Nevertheless, you can take the basics from the Tutorial, as they did not changed over time ;)

Note: ManiaLib uses the system which I called "Menu positioning".

If you want an up-to-date version (regarding the available elements), refer to the German version. Maybe Google Translator will help you understanding it, if you don't speak German ;)
ImageImage
beauchette

Post by beauchette »

unfortunately, I don't understand german well, but the english should at least set me on tracks, thanks.

edit: and it did, (set me on tracks). Great documentation, it should be included somewhere with some documentation of nadeo.
fcosby

Post by fcosby »

You know it sounds interesting the thing is I don't understand German. Wish there's could be an English version. :pil

Last edited by fcosby on 24 Apr 2013, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

fcosby wrote:You know it sounds interesting the thing is I don't understand German. Wish there's could be an English version. :pil
There is a link to the more complete german documentation as well as the english one
m4rcel wrote:I wrote a detailled Tutorial to the Maniaplanet Manialinks, but the English version is far away from being up-to-date. Nevertheless, you can take the basics from the Tutorial, as they did not changed over time ;)

Note: ManiaLib uses the system which I called "Menu positioning".

If you want an up-to-date version (regarding the available elements), refer to the German version. Maybe Google Translator will help
you understanding it, if you don't speak German ;)
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

we definitely need the Star Trek universal translator :mrgreen:
Google is on a good way, but it is still not human enough.
Btw. this is a good hint to tutorial writers: please try to use as much correct language as possible, avoid abbreviations and familiar language, to ease translation :thumbsup:

Return to “ManiaLib”