[B3.1]No sound at all in TM2 Stadium

Moderator: NADEO

molano

[B3.1]No sound at all in TM2 Stadium

Post by molano » 01 Mar 2013, 03:47

I'm getting no sound at all in Trackmania 2 Stadium.

I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum ZS with KX Drivers in Windows 7. The rest of games have sound. It's only Trackmania. I've made sure to select my audio device in the game audio Settings. So what do I do?

Thank you!

Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: No sound at all in Trackmania 2 Stadium

Post by Alinoa » 01 Mar 2013, 11:04

If you choose normal for the sound quality in the maniaplanet launcher, do you have sound?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

GabrielM

Re: [B3.1]No sound at all in TM2 Stadium

Post by GabrielM » 01 Mar 2013, 11:28

Hello molano,

Several things :
- First of all, when you're talking about the rest of games have sound, are you talking about other maniaplanet's games or all other non-nadeo games ? For instance, have you got any sound in the ManiaPlanet Stations menu, the one with the Televisions ?
- Are your drivers up to date ? Have you tried with your SoundCard regular drivers ?
- Have you check in the windows audio mixer if the ManiaPlanet volume slider isn't set to minimum/mute ?

molano

Post by molano » 04 Mar 2013, 02:51

Hello. First off, thanks for your answers ;)

@Alinoa: I was using the "Quality: High" setting for sound. I've changed it to "Quality: Normal" and... It still doesn't sound :cry:

@GabrielM: When I say the rest of games have sound, I mean non-Nadeo games. All games sound ok except this one. I have older Trackmania titles, such as Trackmania Original, Sunrise and United Forever, but I haven't tried to use them in the computer I'm using now, so I don't know if they have the same issue with my current computer or if they work fine. Sorry, what's "ManiaPlanet Stations"?

My sound drivers are as up to date as they can possibly be.

Of course the volume slider is not set to minimum/mute. But I can see NO green vumeter moving while the game is running (which happens with other games and music players), so it seems the game is not sending out any sound.

If I select the integrated motherboard soundcard, then it works, but I can only use headphones, since my 5.1 sound system is attached to the Audigy card. When using the integrated sound, I can see the green vumeter moving in the Windows mixer.

So for some reason, the game doesn't send any sound when using my Audigy card, but it does when using integrated sound. Why is this? This is the only game that does this of ANY game I've used in this computer.

I'm using the Trackmania Stadium Open Beta. I was considering buying Canyon, but I'm not sure if it has the same audio problem as the Stadium Beta.

I hope this gets fixed.

GabrielM

Post by GabrielM » 04 Mar 2013, 12:00

molano wrote:Sorry, what's "ManiaPlanet Stations"?
When you launch ManiaPlanet, you arrive in the Main Menu, where you can see many "Televisions". Each Television is a Station. You can use a Station to load either a Game (ShootMania Storm, TrackMania² Stadium, Canyon) or a game mod (TM²Canyon Platform, ShootMania Storm Elite, etc etc..). They are some official game mods, but there are also Player-made mods, so players can build their own Station and share it to other players.

Regarding your issue, it has been transmitted, i'll let you know it there is something new on this matter. Thanks for the report molano, and sorry for the inconvenience.

molano

Post by molano » 09 Mar 2013, 03:11

Thanks for your help. Please also tell them that the drivers I use are these ones (so they can test):
http://www.kxproject.com/kxdrv3551-full.exe

Best regards,
Octavio

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”