Xbox-Controller Acc/Brake Issue Z-Axis since Update

Moderator: NADEO

larslars

Re: Xbox-Controller Acc/Brake Issue Z-Axis since Update

Post by larslars »

Xpadder makes a free interface program that works better than Nadeo's button mapping for Acc/Brake on the xbox triggers. They can be completely independent of each other, and all the other buttons.
Prior

Post by Prior »

Bump! Please fix this asap. The game remains unplayable for someone who is used to this controls since years.
shaft78

Post by shaft78 »

Prior wrote:Bump! Please fix this asap. The game remains unplayable for someone who is used to this controls since years.
Same problem here, this is annoying. Won't be playing TM2 until its fixed. :evil:
SilverlightPony

Post by SilverlightPony »

+1 Same problem.

Seems like the game forgot how to understand XInput.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the Xbox 360 controller reports the triggers as opposite ends of the same analog axis. Unless a game is coded to specifically recognize it as an Xbox 360 controller, it typically can't understand both triggers being pressed at the same time.

Microsoft created an input code library to get around this, called XInput (it's included with DirectX as part of DirectInput nowadays, I think). But if a game doesn't use XInput, or doesn't load it properly, you wind up with this problem.

This is extremely frustrating, as I hate playing driving games with a keyboard or a full-on joystick, and my only gamepads are Xbox 360 controllers, and now suddenly Trackmania has decided it doesn't want to play nice with them any more. :(
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

The combined acceleration/brake action will be back in next version, then you'll be able to bind XBox 360 triggers to accel/break.
Thanks
GraniteOctopus

Post by GraniteOctopus »

Great to hear! Thanks LB!! :yes:
wDaan

Post by wDaan »

Thanks for the response and good to hear. For now I guess I'll try using xpadder since someone in this thread and on reddit suggested it. Although I'm not quite sure if it can split up the z axis into two virtual ones but I guess I will find out.
phantom20

Post by phantom20 »

LuckyBoy wrote:The combined acceleration/brake action will be back in next version, then you'll be able to bind XBox 360 triggers to accel/break.
Thanks
Lets hope its not too long before this fix is out.
I for one use the Xbox360 Joypad for this game as I find the keyboard can be too tricky with some moves.
MasterGO

Post by MasterGO »

LuckyBoy wrote:The combined acceleration/brake action will be back in next version, then you'll be able to bind XBox 360 triggers to accel/break.
Thanks
Great to hear. Do you have an approximate ETA for us?
wDaan

Post by wDaan »

Yeah an ETA would be nice so I don't have to check somewhere for updates to maniaplanet all the time. Since I rather just not play TM2 than to play without triggers.

I've tried xpadder and pinnacle as well but then of course you can only rebind the analog triggers to digital keys. Pinnacle allowed for me to override the DirectInput axis for the left trigger but that didn't seem to work with TM2.

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”