Opponent selection in solo mode

Moderator: NADEO

Opponent selection in solo mode

Post by 2222222 »

Let's say I start up trackmania and play for example Valley A01, choose a opponent from the World list, play a little and then go to another track. If I then go back to A01 I see that the same opponent I as before is selected, but when I start drive I get the gold medal opponent instead of the selected. Even if don't change track, but instead just look at opponent lists without changing opponents, trackmania gives me a gold medal ghost. I want trackmania to give me the opponent I have selected, and that I shouldn't need to select the same opponent every time I start a track.
riolu

Re: Opponent selection in solo mode

Post by riolu »

I can confirm this, it's damn annoying.

Post by 2222222 »

There are still bugs in opponent selection. When changing opponents I sometimes don't get any opponent at all. I have a recently installed Maniaplanet on windows 8.1.
edk

Post by edk »

If you get a PB then go into opponent selection before the next attempt but do not choose an opponent, not only is an opponent not selected but it clears your new time. If you then finish the track it will overwrite your old PB with whatever time you then get. So, when you see no opponent and no PB (in the top left), the workaround is to go back into opponents, select any opponent, then you can either keep that opponent or unselect it, then go to race again. As long as you go back in and select something atleast once, you can then unselect it or keep it, then your PB will show up again and not be overwritten.
ps297

Post by ps297 »

2222222 wrote:Let's say I start up trackmania and play for example Valley A01, choose a opponent from the World list, play a little and then go to another track. If I then go back to A01 I see that the same opponent I as before is selected, but when I start drive I get the gold medal opponent instead of the selected. Even if don't change track, but instead just look at opponent lists without changing opponents, trackmania gives me a gold medal ghost. I want trackmania to give me the opponent I have selected, and that I shouldn't need to select the same opponent every time I start a track.
So you are selecting an opponent, seeing that opponent, then getting the gold medal opponent? That is odd, why would it do that?

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”