Dust / dirt on cars

Moderator: NADEO

TMarc

Dust / dirt on cars

Post by TMarc »

Stadium:
Since there is the Dirt part in Stadium, the cars can't look that shiny anymore.
Still they do: a full shiny skin is still reflecting as like there was no dust on it:

The dust should be the top layer, be more and more opaque and non reflective.

Canyon and Valley:
The dust does not affect the windshield and other windows.
The whole car should be covered with dust after some time,
and the windshield could look like this:
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Dust / dirt on cars

Post by Fix »

Thank you for the report TMarc, could you check additional things please?
Are Canyon and Valley working correctly ?
Do dirty custom cars work better than the StadiumCar in Stadium ? Do they behave differently in the 3 TM environments ?
TMarc

Re: Dust / dirt on cars

Post by TMarc »

For each title I made two skins: one shiny silver with opaque stickers, and one opaque white/gray with shiny stickers: Download (11MB)
On all skins I also applied 1x the darkening detail layer with shadows.
Btw. it happened a few times that this layer was not applied properly, instead some color or texture (like the big ManiaPlanet logo) was applied instead of the shadows :? I think there is a memory leak or pointer issue somewhere.
In Canyon I also did one skin that has additional dust layer (don't know where this comes from, but it looks interesting).

And here a set of screenshots with different skins before and after driving on dirt / dusty roads: Download (91MB)

Summary:
- the dust covers mostly opaque everything except the windows and the light glasses, working with all 3 TM² titles
- on Stadium, the side parts of the StadiuMCar are getting almost opaque from the dust, but the upper side (of the side boxes and of the car) and also the helmet are still to shiny, the dust is not opaque there

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”