After race: save Replay: make SAVE button default

Moderator: NADEO

TMarc

After race: save Replay: make SAVE button default

Post by TMarc »

After a race, when I select to save a Replay in the mini-menu that also shows Improve and Quit,
I need more key strokes until the replay really gets saved.
The SAVE button [edit: at the following file dialog popup] should be highlighted by default (in other words: have the focus), so the replay can be saved just by pressing ENTER.
Sometimes it is already active, but only when the mouse cursor was already at this position before, and if it was not moved away in the meantime.

Actually I have to navigate with the keyboard (don't want to move the hand to the mouse), and during a repeated racing and replay saving orgy (like for http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24307) every unnecessary additional keystroke it gets very tyring ;)

Also after entering / modifying a file name and pressing enter to confirm the new string, the focus should move to the SAVE button.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Re: After race: save Replay: make SAVE button default

Post by Omnixor »

how is this even a report? I press "Improve" (= restart) hundreds more times then "Save", and skipping everything after finish with Enter is pretty convenient.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

To make it more precise, I do not mean the "Save replay button" on the screen that appears after a successful finish, but the SAVE button that appears on the file dialog.
The IMPROVE button you mentioned is perfect as it is, I also use this a lot :)
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

oh, okay, sorry. well, that makes sense for sure, and this is also a problem in many other menus I think. somehow in TMF everything was getting highlighted properly (except of server password OK button).
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Spam deleted.

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”