Remove the ability to change the format of the chat

Moderator: NADEO

Marly

Re: Remove the ability to change the format of the chat

Post by Marly »

Omnixor wrote:Marly's a legit person tho, he used this "funny thing" in a compo (RPG nightcup I think, it was in frost's stream).
Well, ye im legit, hahah ^^
But no, i didnt use it in RPG nightcup, i was not there. But ye i have used it in other servers, but never RPG :)
Marly

Post by Marly »

steeffeen wrote: i definitely doubt that

imho even more annoying than turning the chat into another style are nicknames that style their own following messages
because you can fix the chat styling but you can't prevent the chat messages to look ugly and disturbing

i've encountered quite some players with such nicknames and i tried kindly asking them if they mind changing it back because it's irritating, usually after that they start bitching and insulting :thumbsup:
About that, i learned it from a guy which used it in he's name, and he got a blue color on the text all the time.
But when it only happend to the chat sometimes its just funny :) Much more easy to say that its not allowed in match or something.

and +1, when they start to be bitchy and insult people its not fun..
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

Marly wrote:
Omnixor wrote:Marly's a legit person tho, he used this "funny thing" in a compo (RPG nightcup I think, it was in frost's stream).
Well, ye im legit, hahah ^^
But no, i didnt use it in RPG nightcup, i was not there. But ye i have used it in other servers, but never RPG :)
then it was in CPS.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
TheBigG.

Post by TheBigG. »

a option to mute players on client side would help more, playing on a server where no admins are and the mute plugin for xaseco isn't installed is anoying because you can only turn the complete interface off to mute them.

So please Nadeo make a option to mute a Player if you wan't to. :1010
Client:
OS: Win10/Debian CPU: Intel 9900k GPU: NVIDIA 1080TI Display: 3x Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 1440p@165 Hz

Server:
OS: Debian Stable @ Backports Kernel CPU: Intel 6700k RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2x 256 GB NVMe SSD@Raid 1
Wotre

Post by Wotre »

It can be annoying yes, so an option to mute a player or to disable it on a server would be cool. But to delete the option completely would be lame, the more options in a game the better.

Don't talk like you are the king who knows everything Frostbeule.
FrostBeule

Post by FrostBeule »

Wotre wrote:It can be annoying yes, so an option to mute a player or to disable it on a server would be cool. But to delete the option completely would be lame, the more options in a game the better.
Which is also what I suggested. Although I really struggle to see what the benefits of having this really is other than giving a tool for trolls.
Wotre wrote:Don't talk like you are the king who knows everything Frostbeule.
The hell? I simply reported an issue. But thanks for the random insult.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Wotre, FrostBeule perhaps does not know everything, but he knows a huge lot about TrackMania.
And at least once he was indeed the king of all drivers for some time, so please show more respect to him.

IMHO the chat colors should get the option to be restricted by server admins. Then they can decide to allow or not crazy colors.
It is already enough to see some fancy colored nicks, but if all chat messages become unreadable, especially if some people only chat nonsense and do not drive, then it is not fun anymore.

Or give the players the option to disable the chat completely on client side, except for admin or just game related messages perhaps.

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”