Lag after about 1 min of play.

Moderator: NADEO

tross2008

Lag after about 1 min of play.

Post by tross2008 »

I am new to the trackmania games and so far i really enjoy them. Bought Trackmania2 stadium, Canyon, and Vally. So far i have only played Stadium and im getting a odd lag spike while using the xbox 360 controller. It happens at almost exactly 1 min of play w/o moving my mouse and it will lag incredibly bad until i move my mouse again which starts the 1 min "timer" until lag again. Im sure its just a minor thing to turn off but i cant seem to figure it out.
TMarc

Re: Lag after about 1 min of play.

Post by TMarc »

perhaps change your screensaver setting?
Or energy settings: do not allow energy saving for the mouse?
tross2008

Post by tross2008 »

Just double checked all of my power settings and they are all set to high performance and i have no screensaver set. I have a razer naga mouse. Gonna unplug my mouse on a longer track to see if its the mouse itself.

Edit: Tested with my mouse unplugged and lagged at 57 secs, pressed a key on my keyboard and lag stopped, unplugged my keyboard and i got the same lag at 58 secs.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

is there any energy option with the mouse driver?
Please also check detailed energy settings of the Windows control panel.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

do you have anything like scheduled antivirus check, search indexer, or SETI@HOME? they might start after some time of inactivity. also, download GPU-Z and check GPU activity after that 1 minute.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
tross2008

Post by tross2008 »

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have had my cpu usage meter running and my task manager on processes trying to catch it as it happens. For some reason it only does it when im not running my task manager, well so far it hasn't. I am now running gpu-z and will pin point what is happening and will let you all know. Thank you for all your help.

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”