[B.0]What kind of Shootmania sorcery is this?

Moderator: NADEO

nyquist

[B.0]What kind of Shootmania sorcery is this?

Post by nyquist » 10 Jul 2012, 03:40

This "lag/loss" is happening many times in Pyro instagib servers and in trial servers. Very rare in Elite mode.
Video below. Anyone experiencing something like that? The ping is usualy 50-70. :teub:

http://youtu.be/w18cXoxh2P8

nyquist

Re: [B.0]What kind of Shootmania sorcery is this?

Post by nyquist » 10 Jul 2012, 14:33

Heloooooo, Nadeo, any advices? Any idea maybe what can be causing this? thx

Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Alinoa » 10 Jul 2012, 14:59

Please specify your system specs / OS.
Do you encounter this issue on servers with many players? Only six players can play on Elite. Please also look at this topic.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

nyquist

Post by nyquist » 10 Jul 2012, 15:41

Running Windows 7 x64 on CPU i7 920, GTX 285, 6GB RAM, ShootMania is installed on C:\ which is an Intel SSD with no problems.
I do encounter this on Pyro|GEN Instagib DM server that has many players, around 20. But strange is that even when i was alone in a trial server TorskServer - Timeattack, i also got this. My connection is 50MB, optical fiber, so it cant be the problem. Wish i could see the packet loss. The fps i'm getting is a constant 125 (i have it capped) so the fps is not the problem also. This lag appears randomly, a couple of times per map, and it lasts around 10 sec each time. As i said before, in elite mode, i rarely get this. Could be the custom scripts? I'm not downloading/uploading anything when this happens. I'm also using antivirus, so that is out of the way.
What is that Snapshot delta time anyway? I also noticed that the ping in both instagib and trial servers is very unstable (50-70) changes, very often, thing that does not occur in elite mode. Is a reinstall worth it?

SP: when this happens, it always happens when i spawn. Never in the middle of playing. I'll try the suggestion from that topic and come back to tell if it made any difference.

nyquist

Post by nyquist » 12 Jul 2012, 03:53

Things were getting better after unchecking all the checkboxes from peer2peer advanced tab. Now, after the beta 1 update, the same lag is back, with a difference. Snapshotdeltatime is huge and red for a second. Picture below. What is this SnapShotDeltaTime?

Last edited by nyquist on 12 Jul 2012, 04:00, edited 2 times in total.

dustyjo

Post by dustyjo » 12 Jul 2012, 03:58

This happens to me all the bloody time. It's incredibly annoying.

Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Alinoa » 12 Jul 2012, 10:53

Did this also happen when you join a server located in your country?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

nyquist

Post by nyquist » 12 Jul 2012, 14:41

Alinoa wrote:Did this also happen when you join a server located in your country?
Sorry, there are no servers located in Romania, yet. :) I'll try to join one created by a friend. Be back later with news. Hope they're good.

Alinoa, What is this SnapShotDeltaTime? Why is this such a secret lol :lol:

B_Nut

Post by B_Nut » 14 Jul 2012, 11:07

This happens with servers in the same country too.
But, WHAT IS THE SNAPSHOT DELTA TIME? :teub:
ѦмѳkCrew-Member
http://www.amok-crew.net

Return to “Shootmania Storm Reports”