How to install a mod on a multiplayer server?

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

LORDMORGOTH

How to install a mod on a multiplayer server?

Post by LORDMORGOTH » 03 Feb 2013, 13:06

Hi,
i found from here how to install the mod on my client... but what about the server? I don't have profile/Documents on server.. do i have to place the gbx and the locator file under Userdata/Skins/Storm/Mods ?
But i have to create the Storm folder under Skins because there isn't there...

TMarc

Re: How to install a mod on a multiplayer server?

Post by TMarc » 03 Feb 2013, 15:22

AFAIK the mods are linked by the locators, so the players will have to download them individually.
For XASECO in TrackMania there was a plugin that would force the download, but this isn't available for ManiaPlanet I think.

Please also look here Install/Apply MODs
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

LORDMORGOTH

Post by LORDMORGOTH » 03 Feb 2013, 15:25

so you are saying that mods are possible only in local servers and not in dedicated ones?

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 03 Feb 2013, 15:30

The mods have to be installed on the player's machines or they won't see the mods after all.
I doubt the servers depend on anything of the of the mods, if it is only textures.
The only thing that makes sense to have mods on a server then is to provide your players a direct download possibility using the locators, but then you have to touch all your maps.

Of course it is different when a title pack is used, which has different game modes.
Check you how meuh21 did it with Raid.
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

Return to “Workbench”