Hunger Games /// Your ideas & suggestions

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Hunger Games title pack wishlist

Post by magnetik »

+1 for a role when being eliminated.

Some kind of a mini game to give bonus/malus to other players?
Could be simple :)
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
TheBigMiike

Post by TheBigMiike »

+1 :D

But if we are a lot in a server and if many players are eliminated then ther will be many toads.

14 players playing - 4 survivors = 10 player toads + X non player toads = a lots of toads in a map :shock:
Image Image
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Well the waiting problem was here since beginning of the title. I thought about minigame, placing bet and even moving player to lobby. At the moment use the bug of rejoin, since it's not fixed yet :D .

But the idea isn't bad. What if i place toad spawning columns? A small podest where dead player can spawn if he want as a very weak and slow toad, that can fire only in small specified zone? I think it won't be a problem for script to handle players count, but only need to change this podest data tag (we don't want to players spawn on whole map ^^).

It's my idea, to give more abilities if you're dead. Playing as toad teaming with other toads? Sounds promising ;)
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
rexin99

Re: Hunger Games /// Your ideas & suggestions

Post by rexin99 »

Dropping bombs on another player when you are dead? :P

Anyway, I don't know if the game allows these ideas.
Maybe remove the map from the E key. It would be accessible by, I don't know, probably by clicking the minimap?
Instead the E key would switch between your normal arsenal with four weapons to bonus arsenal with Torpedo or such? Only one such weapon would be accessible (am I misspelling it?) and it would not reload itself. Another idea might be a sticky grenade that bounces once and then latches on a wall like Nucleus... but it would stay alive for 20 seconds :P

And I am not sure, you probably mentioned random item spawning.
Well, why not have a max. number for each pickup? Either map specific or static everywhere. When the pickups spawn, their count does not exceed the limit number, so if there are for example 20 items placed but the limit is 10, only 10 random will spawn. I think a limit 1 for Crate and 4 Crates on map would encourage the player to explore different areas.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Okay, lets do this.

First of all --> Every week this mode is getting bétter & bétter. So GJ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My suggestions:

Minimap:
Make me a triangle. Not a dot. It would make it 3x easier to navigate urself with the minimap.
I know this is possible because I saw on ur testserver that u made this already.
Everything else is perfect.

Future updates for the minimap:
- Show others on radar when you see them
- Show items on the radar when you them
- Show pole on radar ( dont know if this is already the case )
- Item pickup, to see everybody on the radar for 1minute?

Bigmap:
Dont let the bigmap move. Its really annoying. This will make navigating 3x easier again.

Future updates for the bigmap:
- Show others, items, pole

Gameplay:
- With a low amount of players this can really be "boring'. Its not the correct word, but rly not much is happening. No offense.

Giving everybody 10-20% extra speed and the fastest character the normal speed that would be much better.
We had this discussion in private, I know, but imo its rly slow/slowgameplay until the pole-battle starts.
Give me 1 good reason why you wouldnt make the entire gameplay 10-20% faster? Nothing would change, because the general concept remains the same.
Also, 10-20% extra for reloadspeeds to create a more active "feeling" would be a good idea

- If ---I---- connect to your server and I need to wait 10minutes to play I will laugh really loud & simply leave. I wanna game NOW. People playing the demo with 1h max game-time cant afford to wait 10minutes without playing. Small children with bitchy parents cant also wait 10minutes.
Create a waiting-game & make it fun too. Something like combo with items ( just like in HG ) would be a nice idea.

I havent played a lot of HG, but i think these are your 2 biggest problems , because everything else looks super sexy. The mini-map is a gread addition too, but you should improve the user-experience for it a bit more.

<3 Keep up the good work

Question: How many players should play this mode on 1 server? 12player gamemode?
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
NonSense

Post by NonSense »

I'm happy to cooperate with the hunger games title. Here are some of my ideas.

============================
___Character: Assassin___
Armor Points: 3
Speed: 130%
Ammo reload: 45%
Stamina gain: 40%
Critical chance: 4%

Extra abilities:
Jump height: 115%
Height: 70% of standard
___Matchmaking System___
People in the lobby will be able to play exactly like hunger games, but with respawning on a bigger map and not (only) in the middle, but also on the edges (Shortly: Random spot to spawn). Item respawn is set on 60 and armor is set on 120. People just keep on collecting and killing, which improves their skills in the form of training.

The matchmaker randomly choses % players after 1 minute of training. These players are converted to one of the 3 servers. So in total you have 4 servers. After the game is over, they get returned to the lobby, where they play another minute, so that other people can join too.
___Weapon Crate___
My idea was that you get a weapon which matches your character.
-Arena player: Torpedo
-Sintel: I wanted to have her get a speed boost charge for getting away quickly, but it isn't really a weapon. Anyone else?
-Susu: Fires a barrage of 3 lasers at the enemy, with a 30% critical chance. Has 4 shots. The accuaricy of the lasers is like a shotgun: They move off to the side.
-Toad: Spawns % Toad bots on the target location, toad bots can't move, and they dissappear after 20 seconds. They all have 2 armors and they fire rockets every 2 seconds.
-Engineer: Well, I thought of a sentry gun, but the description says hes not from the sentrys. I don't know the model and the story behind him, but it would be cool if he could place structures with the weaponcase.
-Boba Fett: Recieves an object penetrating laser which fires every 2 seconds. Has 10 shots.
-Steve: Recieves a Shotgun Arrow which shoots 3 arrows at once, has 5/3 shots.
-Creeper: Points a ground target. In a radius of %, nuclueses rain down on the area. Nuclueses get 3x speed. Has 3/2 shots.

That's all I got for now. Good luck domino!
:D
NonSense

Post by NonSense »

yoyoshi wrote:Waiting : When you are dead, you have to wait and more if you died in the first minute. Did you see how many players rage quit after their death ? They don't want to wait like that. So I found a very good idea but I don't know if it's possible to do it...
When a player die, he respawns but like a "ghost". You see ? A live spectator system ! Players dead will be able to see others players in the battlefield ! I think it should be the best idea on this mod. Again, I don't know if you can completely disappear a player, like an invisible skin and without rockets.

On TTT (Trouble in Terrorrist Town) they had a plugin called Deathmatch, where spectators (Deaths) could battle eachother.

It might be hard to do, but if you let spectators fight in the arena while the game is still going, people won't ragequit that much.

Also, check out my previous post about the matchmaking and the lobby. If people quit, just bring them to the lobby instantly so they can play on with the power ups and stuff!
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

@rexin99
Map menu will open with E, but soon I'll look what I can do and make it bindable. Map also will be not moving if it's not zoomed (yeah, zoom feature :) ) and show all players if tornado is active.

Torpede: giving only advantage with powerful weapon would ruin gameplay. Imagine - player found Case and hides Torpede to game end. No fun, noone else can use it because this one player. So if he is forced to use it, he finally drop it and allow someone else use it.

Random spawn: there are 2 kind of maps - pro and legacy. Legacy have normal items that have 1/2 chance to spawn. Pro spawn items always in one of 3 variants (each variant has items in different places). There are 12 Charges, 12 Armors, 8 Weapons, 8 Mini, 8 Replie, 4 Gold, 3 Fuel and 1 Case (Can spawn in one of many defined locations).

@novationx
Dreammy you know 90% of what I'm doing so :lol:

Minimap:
As I show you, map will be zoomed 5 times, move with you, have rotating arrow as your pointer, show pole marker and Case marker since it's found. Pickup to see players? Amaze idea :D

Map menu:
Many players requested big map to don't move. And I'll do it. But to keep ability to zoom it, it will have 3 display modes: spectator - not moving, ome image on whole screen, player non zoom - same as spectator, but smaller to fit over hud, player with zoom - as it is now. Menu also displays same things as minimap.

Gameplay:
Gameplay is here not quick, even if it's ShootMania. Mode is based on Minecraft Survival Games servers, where game about searching chests with items with 24 players takes about 15 minutes of fun (if you survive to the end). Reason why I did slow movement is to make this game played longer than usual and give better expirence. You can disagree but if you want to play quick survival go Royal. This is HG where is longplay. ;)

Q: this mode is for 24 players max (or even 48 in very special cases)

@NonSense
I think there won't be more characters, instead my plan is to make each char uniuqe - actually unique are Sintel, Toad, Boba and Creeper, but I'm still looking for more diversity.

About Case weapons
I'm planning to give each character unique weapon as replacement of one default, for example Grenade for Susu instead of Nucleus. It probably arrive in Dev Build #05 because I still have problems with setting max ammo in custom weapon (possible but interface bugs).

Waiting, minigames, matchmaking
Ihave a plan for lobby, but it will arrive when scriptcloud and sharing variables between servers will be possible. Then there would be 1 "melee lobby" and 3 game servers. Player on lobby will be able to join game if he didn't played yet on the map on server, then he would be able to turn back to lobby. It's only my plan and it can change in future.

@all
Thank you for tons of ideas and keep up with them :)
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD

Return to “Workbench”