[TitlePack] Elite Pro Mod - call for help [closed]

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

[TitlePack] Elite Pro Mod - call for help [closed]

Post by novationx »

Hi,

Intro
I'm really surprized about what NADEO did with the latest updates. So much is possible now and I'm really impressed! :thumbsup: Good Job NADEO.

Its possible to make weapons, moves, actions, ... but it's up to us -the community- to make a cool gamemode with it so thats what I wanna do... And I need your help.

My idea is to create an alternative for Elite. Not to compete with NADEO or with Fleo's EliteAlternative because those modes are awesome... I just think the current Elite can use something extra.
Because I'm not really a casual player I want it to be a serious mod. Hence the name Elite Pro Mod.

The "Problem" with Elite:
- Defenders camp all the time
- Not that much variaty in the gameplay
- Doesnt show all possibilities of ManiaPlanet ( Item pickups, weapons, moves, etc )
- It takes 7months to get new maps. I think this also adds to the repetitiveness.

Ideas
1. How can we stop the camping?
--> Defenders get 2 armors OR each defender can respawn 1x. The attacker gets 6armors.
--> Items on the map. If defenders camp the attacker will easily pick up all items.

2. What items can be on a map & how much?
--> The armors ( white items from Combo ) can be a great addition and maybe it's enough?
--> 3 armors/map is more than enough
Any other items we should use? (Full or partial stamina reload, a weapon pickup with only 1 bullet, increased movement-speed for a limited time, ...)

3. What weapons should the attacker have?
--> Xenom was creating a single-dot-rail ( currently all lasers in ShootMania have the 3-dot-system )
I havent tested it, but if defenders have 2 armors I think it's acceptable that the laser is buffed a bit.
The laser does 1 damage.

--> PowerRail : The attacker supercharges his rail ( longer reload so that it becomes stronger)
The PowerRail does 2 damage = instantkill.
I like how attackers only have rails, but if you know any other good weapons then leave a comment!

4. What weapons should the defenders have?
--> Rockets. I think we all got used to them & it has become a part of our movement (bumping)
--> PowerRockets: bigger slower rockets that take up more energy, but do more damage.
The PowerRockets do 2 damage.

5. What moves could we add?
--> Maybe a dodge/zigzag? So you instantly strafe 1-2meters to the left/right.

I'm looking for:
- Someone who can create the weapons and alter them 20x until its properly balanced.
- Someone who can create the moves like jagger
- Someone who can create the script
- Feedback by the community to make this gamemode work

Cheerz
Last edited by novationx on 24 Jul 2014, 10:45, edited 6 times in total.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Re: Elite Pro Mod - Brainstorm together

Post by djhubertus »

I think, we should get a chance again to checkpoint system. Attacker must touch 2 of 3 checkpoints in 60 sec. to enable goal catpuring, touched checkpoint bring additional 30 sec. Every defender will get own spawn near checkpoint and 3 rockets at start, pickups should be placed on open places to make defenders rush, not only camping behind wall. For items, I would suggest additional rocket ammo or shield.

The other thing I have in mind: 2 attackers vs 3 defenders.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

novationx wrote:5. What moves could we add?
--> Maybe a dodge/zigzag? So you instantly strafe 1-2meters to the left/right
I fast dash is indeed something I would really like to try out in Shootmania.
A dash would also be usable as a offensive move, obviously it's much easier to laser/double tab someone when you got him right in your face.

I don't know if it would change the gameplay into the better or into the worse for me and I'm rather hesitant to add any new button for movement as the game is all about that on button one has.

But still, I'd like to try it out once. Nadeo most probably has done that in the past already.^^
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
novationx

Post by novationx »

Urinstein,
This thread is all about trying & finding an acceptable solution! Who knows its great & maybe it will suck :D
Thats why I am here for ^^

Thx for the feedback!
dovahk1n

Post by dovahk1n »

Here is what i think:

---> Both ideas for defence (2 armors or 2 respawn) are great but i think the best is a defender with 2 armors if you want to include items (i guess players won't like the idea of picking an item and die picking it, then have to respawn without that item).
---> Items are clearly an awesome idea in Elite.

---> Armors are necessary for sure if there will be items, but i like the idea of 1 bullet weapon items too. For example, a nucleus and a shotgun (from EliteAlternative), the attacker will not be able to take both items if the defenders stop to camp, he will have to do a choice and fight for this choice ;) But this idea seems awesome to me.

---> A single-dot-rail sounds great but still, it needs to be tested.
---> About the PowerRail, does the attacker have to be at a standstill like the "golden bouncing rockets" in a previous update or is it a secondary weapon ? (a secondary weapon will be better, but i guess it's what u meant).

---> The PowerRockets should be able to bounce, but maybe with a short life time. And how slow did u think about this rockets ? More like a nucleus or more like a rocket or in the middle ?

---> About this point, i don't think any other moves will add something good for this mod. For me, moves will be better in something like a 5v5 with classes with different abilities (moves, stamina, armors).

I will not be able to participate to ESWC (or try to qualify for it at least ;P) so i guess i will have time about the creation of weapons if you need it.
But clearly the best idea of such a mod for me is picking weapons items with 1 ammunition, it will really change the gamepaly i guess.
And you also need mappers, to create at least 1 or 2 maps adapted for this mod to test it.
Xenome77

Post by Xenome77 »

Was creating big words :D
I try to create actually don't know if it's possible. And single dot wasn't like erase 3dot system and put 1pixel hit. I just want to get some hit at 130M and more like we have before. :)

I really never understand why nadeo never made open discussion on it. We are all ok to said 1pixel rail is cheated because netcode&hitbox but here it's huge limit. You can't hit rail on head a 35/40meters ...

I can understand if it was like you hit the hitbox behind a wall or something like that but here it's just too much and makes me mad since long time. I fight for upgrade this things so many times and see nothing moves.

So if nadeo didn't want to make it i hope they give us the tools to do it. But i'm not sure will see. ;)
novationx

Post by novationx »

I just realised that you would need to do 6 laserhits in total if you dont use the PowerRail ( or another weapon )
+ The defenders can even pickup armors and can be even stronger.

So that sounds waaaaaay too hard for the attacker :/
The attacker definately needs to have an added benefit.

Finding balance is hard!!
plopp

Post by plopp »

novationx wrote:--> Defenders get 2 armors OR each defender can respawn 1x. The attacker gets 6armors.
Rushing would be the new problem with the 2 armor idea :P
novationx

Post by novationx »

I think Im not gonna use armors :s

It can be balanced without armors... and then somebody takes all the armors & its mega unbalanced. I dont think armors are the items we need.
TitiShu

Post by TitiShu »

Some teamplay action/weapon would be good, but need to be 2 on attack...

- Something like an sphere shield 2/3 meters radius that blocks all weapon for 5sec and decrease speed (stamina)of the user... you can be eliminate if enemy comes in the shield

The ability to choose weapon.... it would be better if attackers and defenders could choose 1 or 2 weapon in a stock (after the round you have to change because the stock)...

Or maybe a secondary weapon that you can choose and that you must find ammo on map to use

Or just a settings to change weapon... i want to play elite without lasers (rockets for example needs more skills and are better)

For the map problem in the first post the problem come from the players (specialy the "pro" players).. there are too "stupid" to play on new maps and they don't catch the manialanet spirit (always playing something new even maps).... all maps that have more than 3/4 month should be remove from servers.... but we are not there to debate about the players (pro) that are not real player (for me)
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave

Return to “Workbench”