[Title Pack] Elite Pro Mod - Relaunch

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

[Title Pack] Elite Pro Mod - Relaunch

Post by novationx »

Hi,

We ( Mainly DjHubertus aka Torrent Creations :thumbsup: ) are developing a new Elite... Elite Pro Mod!! :shock:
The reason why we are doing this is because we would like to add an extra dimension to the most-played gamemode; Elite. Tactics in Elite are basically "camp, spam and prefire". It was/is fun in the beginning, but after a while it gets a bit repetitive.
Elite Pro Mod here to save the day!

Elite Pro Mod

Why a TitlePack?
- Access to new blocks

- Access to items ( pickups like in combo , fast reloads, ,stamina reloads, ... )
- Access to new weapons
- Access to new skyboxes ( space )
- Possibility to redesign/improve all menus inside & outside the game.
- Possibilty to create our ranking system

If it wasn't a titlepack then nothing in this list would have been possible.

0. MENUS
Start Screen

Statistics

1. MAPS
- The official Elite Mappack
--> Maps will have items ( and maybe weapons )
--> May contain new blocks, skyboxes
--> Maps can have both new & old textures. :thumbsup:

The Elite ProMod mappack will be 95% the same.

2. RANKING POINTS (RP)
We decided to create our own ranking-system while keeping echelons etc. The biggest change is that you win more RP when you're playing good.

*RP BONUS:
DURING THE MAP
- Double Tap +10RP
- Triple Tap +30RP
- Double Kill +20PR
- Triple Kill +50RP
- Attack +10RP
--> Perfect Attack ++15RP
--> Accuracy ++20RP
--> Humiliation ++5RP

AFTER THE MAP
- Longest Laser +15RP
- 9-0 Victory +30RP for the team
- Most Valuable Player +50RP

*RP LOSS:
- AFK/Leaving -20RP
- Falling into offzone -20RP
- Backspacing: -10RP

3. CUSTOM SOUNDS
- Overtime ( Play this sound when the 17th round starts )
- Perfect ( Attacker wins the round with 3 armors remaining )
- Accuracy ( Attacker does 4 shots and get 3kills or 3shots, 3kills )
- DoubleKill ( laser )
- TripleKill ( laser )
- FLAWLESS VICTORY ( After a team won with 9-0 )
- Humiliation
--> Fall in the offzone
--> Stuck on the green blocks
--> Backspace
--> You capture and all 3 defenders don't hit you. ( 3armors remaining )
- VICTORY / DEFEAT ( when your team wins or loses. )

4. SCOREBOARD & STATSBOARD
Press Tab for the Scoreboard

Press ALT for the Statsboard

5. LOADING SCREENS & TIPS

6. IMPROVED WARMUP
- Cancelling rockets
- Double kills
- Fast Reloads
These things are currently not possible in the warm-up of Elite. We think that's strange so we are adding it to Elite Pro Mod.

7. ECHELONS
1 to 10.
Bronze, Silver, Gold & Diamond

8. IMPROVED DESIGN
INGAME
- Custom font
- Completely redesigned scoreboards & hud to improve readability
- Custom Notifications

MENUS
- Statistics in titlepack menus
- Quick Link to the forums
- Completely redesigned menu

9. AND MOAR
- There will be more changes on release.

10. ITEMS
We are still thinking about the items, but we dont want to change the gameplay too much.
Currently we are testing this:
Attackers Item:
- Instant reload of rail - 2per map
--> You shoot , you take the item & u can fire instantly again.

- Full stamina reload - 2per map

Defenders Item:
- Lower the cap time with 4s - 2per map
--> 15s -- 11s -- 7s
- Extra rocket item( max 5 rockets per player , so 1 extra rocket per player ) - 3per map

11. PRACTICE MODE

---------------------------------------

Please note that this is a "work in progress". Some things might not be added and everything can change. :thumbsup:
Feedback & Suggestions below ;) Thank you for the help.
Last edited by novationx on 18 Oct 2014, 20:49, edited 4 times in total.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Zeraxex

Re: Elite Pro Mod

Post by Zeraxex »

Good ideas. :)
dovahk1n

Post by dovahk1n »

+1 for sure.
Elite is simple, "pure", but "easy to learn, easy to master". We need a mod with more depth in the gameplay, with more strategy. And i'm sure items are the solution. We started to add it on few Elite maps with Dreammy and it looks already amazing. Plus the design of this mod is actually 10x better than the actual one, and so is the ranking points system.

NADEO CHECK THIS THREAD AND HELP US TO WORK ON IT
novationx

Post by novationx »

I dont think the ranking is better than the LP at the moment.
For example... we cant remove RP every week like NADEO does.

But we will do our best to create a good ranking :)
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

novationx wrote:I dont think the ranking is better than the LP at the moment.
For example... we cant remove RP every week like NADEO does.
Well, most of the players hate this penalty.

As a workaround, I'm planning seasons based on Aerena: Clash Of Champions. After 1 season(for example 6 months), each player will go down with 5 echelons to start earning again, after end of the season we can send planets to the best players with the biggest number of RP.

It's only plan that need hard tests with different types of players(Pro teams, random players).
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
novationx

Post by novationx »

well if you can remove RP every 6months, then you can also do it every week :p

hehehe
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

It doesn't work as you think, To do data reset we will need to patch title pack every week :/
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Hey,

I wouldn't recommend to create a new competitive titlepack. There are sooo many titlepacks/modes which were intended to be a competitive titlepacks and they are indeed. Take a look at the speedball titlepack. This gameplay is so innovative such as the feature of throwing a ball! Well, there might be an easy trick to script this but for me it's just astonishing as a passionate handball-fan ^.^ . Besides this, the titlepack is still competitive. I think that Hunger games or Card meele is also competitive. I can't completely judge that because I haven't played in the esl scene very much except in TMNF times, but this mode was intented to be a competitive titlepack and by balancing everything it would most likely be.
However, they are characterized by the well-known issue of lack of players. I can't even imagine how frustrating it is as a titlepack developer to make so much effort creating this titlepack, convincing friends to stay on the servers, setting up a server which they most likely bought by themselves, mayben even holding tournaments/leagues only to realise that their titlepacks will remain unplayed or at least only by a very small, faithful community. I would rather support those titlepacks instead of creating a new one because the creators behind the titlepack deserve that. They deserve to see full servers, multiple full servers, either a server where people are playing this mode for fun or a server where people are currently holding a esl match. They (not only the speedball, hunger games, Card meele titlepack, all titlepacks. Especially those where the creators worked hard and are still working hard) deserve to realise that their titlepack is becoming popular.

Don't get me wrong! I admire your ambition to create a new titlepack although it is pretty much a master-challenge to make them popular currently :thx:
Additionally, fresh titlepacks are great, to play something completely new. But the work which has been done on the older competitive titlepacks, would be wasted then because only the newer competitive titlepacks (not only competitve titlepacks, just in general) would be probably played. In fact, titlepack creator can prevent losing players by releasing new updates to make it more attractive. But: The more titlepacks there are, the harder it is to make the titlepack successful.

Well, my post might sound ridiculous because the ''first-developed'' or the ''oldest'' titlepacks would actually have the privilege that only their titlepacks would be supported by players and other creators wouldn't have the chance to create their own titlepack. But, I haven't got any other idea. I just don't want that the effort which has been made to develop a titlepack would be wasted, because a new titlepack is going to be released and this will most likely attract the players of the older titlepack. And as I said already above, the more titlepack exist, the more players would be spread among them. And as a consequence, no titlepack would be really successful because each titlepack would basically have 5-10 players.

On the other hand, it isn't ''right'' to limit the freedom of creators as I approached above with the ''privilege'' of the older titlepacks.

Tough subject... honestly, I don't know what to do. I am just speechless.

Just take this as a friendly advice :D

Greetings,
Soprah
novationx

Post by novationx »

3 screenshots added

Menu> Home
Menu> Stats
Practice Mode Scoreboard
Last edited by novationx on 18 Oct 2014, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Soprah,
This isnt a new titlepack. This is a migration of Elite to Elite Pro Mod ;)

Depening on the quality of this mode in the end ( final release ), I might host cups with substantial prizes. So I'm sure there will be players.
The goal is to replace Elite (until Elite is less dull)

"The tremendous effort" you talk about... is no problem. Me & Torrent will do it, because we love ManiaPlanet... so dont worry about it.

Also, no offense to other titlepack creators, but we're introducing a complete redesign, stats & unique ranking-system. None of this I've seen in SpeedBall ( or at least not at this level. )

EPM is an ambitious project. We'll see how it goes.

Return to “Workbench”