[Title Pack] Elite Pro Mod - Relaunch

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

UrinStein

Re: Elite Pro Mod

Post by UrinStein »

Soprah wrote:I wouldn't recommend to create a new competitive titlepack. There are sooo many titlepacks/modes which were intended to be a competitive titlepacks and they are indeed.
I actually agree with novation here. Since it's definitely Elite but with Improvements (let's just assume it is as simple as that) this Titlepack would probably get enough publicity to justify the time put into it. Even in the case that the TP would get unimportant after a while again, there are things to win out of this.
I remember Torrent writing here in the forum, that he makes game modes and TPs mostly for the experience. Sometimes things can be fun to do, even if they don't get the publicity in the end. :D
Also there are only a handful of people that put as much effort into scripting as he does, so I suppose he is one of the most valuable people for feedback on these things for Nadeo. Especially if he continues to try out more new things.
Also, if the TP gets a handful of features that people really wonder, why they are not in Nadeo's modes, they will most probably wish for them to get implemented. Win for everyone.

I actually remember steeffeen being a bit pissed about features being implemented a month after he had to script them himself for his modes. But maybe that's why they got implemented in the first place, who knows. ;D
Soprah wrote:Take a look at the speedball titlepack. This gameplay is so innovative such as the feature of throwing a ball!
OT: No one plays competitively with Throwable Ball. Our matches are all played with rockets as the ball.
For the Throwable Ball to be anywhere near competitive, it would need it's own mode with different rules and maps than regular Speedball. It'd be doable for sure, but no one is actually doing it.

novationx wrote:Also, no offense to other titlepack creators, but we're introducing a complete redesign, stats & unique ranking-system. None of this I've seen in SpeedBall ( or at least not at this level. )
Well Speedball has not ONE, not TWO, no, it's got THREE pages of rankings and stats for each match. :D
But no, I don't think any mode atm has life long stats. So I wonder, do you think you can and/or want to include ranked and unranked matches in the title? Sometimes you just wanna have a fun round without any pressure. That's exactly what I hate about serverstats, they just put you under pressure at times, when you don't feel like giving 100%. i also like the idea that only, and really only, the here and now counts, not what you have done in the past. Rankings suck. :D
Also: Obstacle had a database for ALL records on ALL Obstacle maps for a while. Pretty much Dedimania for Obstacle. But apparently it wasn't a huge hit, so steeffeen stopped the project.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
novationx

Post by novationx »

haah urinstein I love you ;)
I agree with everything you said and ofc SpeedBall is awesome.

Lets just create the best TP possible & then we will see where it goes. Maybe it fails, maybe it doesnt.
And yeah what Steeffeen did with Obstacle was awesome, but somehow it wasnt used that much. I never understood why :/
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

UrinStein wrote:But no, I don't think any mode atm has life long stats. So I wonder, do you think you can and/or want to include ranked and unranked matches in the title?
If I correctly understand sentence "life long stats" as stats with saving in player profile. It's already possible(Try Loadouts titlepack on ranked server) but there are troubles with sending to different server(sql database for example).
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

djhubertus wrote:If I correctly understand sentence "life long stats" as stats with saving in player profile. It's already possible(Try Loadouts titlepack on ranked server) but there are troubles with sending to different server(sql database for example).
Save stuff via manialink script on persistent (global invisible layer) and use net variables ;)
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

You don't need manialink to use persistent data Domino :)
My Gamemodes:
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Persistent data isnt scriptcloud yet. If you declare persistent via manialink data will be stored in clients profile and if in gamemode through it will save in server account.

But im not sure where data is stored if you declare persistent for CSmPlayer in gamemode. :?
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

Persistent data should be declared for CUser if it's for specific player, not CSmPlayer.
My Gamemodes:
xthestrike

Post by xthestrike »

And please creat a new mappack (this one suck !). I wish that old maps like Ironfist (original Version) or TheCastle come back
dovahk1n

Post by dovahk1n »

I've made some old maps for EPM : Collided, Crossfire, Crossroads, Daybreak, TheCastle. I also plan to do Ironfist, Jilted (need pw), Gouge, Malevolence and Goldenrush. If players have other maps in mind, tell me.
novationx

Post by novationx »

we are trying to make the shift from Elite to Elite Pro Mod as easy as possible.
Using a completely new mappack would make more players rage/hesitate.

The goal is to make elite more competitive & fun but keeping it close to the actual Elite.
So no, I dont think I'll change the mappack. I'm sorry.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Return to “Workbench”