Quick tutorial on using LW to embed objects into your map

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

chco

Quick tutorial on using LW to embed objects into your map

Post by chco »

Hey people.

Couple of years ago I already made a youtube video on how to create 3D objects using Lightwave3d and use them into your own Title in Maniaplanet (using custom textures, how to create UV's and bake them into .dds textures).
However, I never really showed how easy it is to embed 3D objects into maps that you can share without having to create a Maniaplanet Title.
So I put together a quick tutorial on how to do that. Not going into UV texturing and such, but it does show you how to use the Maniaplanet textures on your own objects.
Nothing fancy, but perhaps will help bring some more nice custom objects into new maps!

https://youtu.be/W0lhqRtmHvk
xrayjay

Re: Quick tutorial on using LW to embed objects into your map

Post by xrayjay »

:thumbsup: nice one but just one thing, the lightmap should have no overlappings at all, seems that your uvmap has some, no prob at all inside the BaseMaterial but for the lightmap it shouldn´t overlap.

tbh you first video from 4 years ago made me almost buy lightwave :P but refused due to the fact that blender does it also and it´s free. No doubt lightwave is a nice piece of software :thumbsup:
chco

Re: Quick tutorial on using LW to embed objects into your map

Post by chco »

Thanks !
True about UV maps may not overlap. However my lightmap has no overlapping :D

Return to “Workbench”