Suggestions: Block improvments & ideas.

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

kadaz

Re: Editor restrictions.

Post by kadaz »

Perhaps creating some rough textured blocks would aid in helping provide an above singular ground surface to replace the metal blocks, which force you to jump..

I have seen a good number of restrictions removed already, so hopefully in future updates, others will be tweaked to include more transitions.
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

kadaz wrote:I have seen a good number of restrictions removed already,
Pls tell them me, can't see any change of the restrictions in the map-editor!
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

I hear yah, keep on try out different blocks, make a new map and instead of building, just start fitting blocks together, and see what works, there is about 20 or so.. mostly have to do with the new blocks fitting together, like the metal with the sidewall, that sort of thing, yet depending on how often you build from when, would you might not notice it if you don't build alot.

Cool sig.. it nice.
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

kadaz wrote:like the metal with the sidewall
Do you mean this?
That was already possible before the last update ;)
kadaz wrote:just start fitting blocks together
That would be really great:
Or even that:

On both example you can see, the borders of the both blocks would perfectly fit together.. but as always: It is restricted.
Sometimes, I really ask me ''Why?'' :roll:

And btw: I often build maps :pil
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Yah, I see those ones, I agree with the first one and the second one, yet the only for the third one I like is the being able to use small block piece straight into the wall, I could use of that. But turned like that, it looks awkward on that way.

The other ones are like some in my sun+dance map.. yet thats is bm!

What restrictions I would like to see, and I suggested it already, is being able to put the greenpads into metalbins
to make it look like its an huge pipe running underneath it. If you check my q3dm17 (on knights server) or ctf rante, you will see that mix.. or underground ammor hubs/spawns etc..

Mostly what I BM is usually what I would like to see unrestricted, only because it is absolutely clean..

Thanks for sharing the picture.. so likewise checkout the maps, great suggestions there.

Ps.. since the last update, a few days ago.. I hardly seen any changes, only a few.
Last edited by kadaz on 23 Oct 2013, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Hi fellow builders, here is some ideas about some new blocks and less restrictive transitions, is that idea good?

Last edited by kadaz on 31 Aug 2015, 03:41, edited 2 times in total.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Ok got some more idea's here that seem just plainly sensible!

AND now that there is a nicely done block mixer, I can make alot of transitions work smoothly.

Thank you developers for allowing this, it enables alot of professional options for the builders.

First here is some pictures, yet just before I mention this... one idea I would like to see the the ability to take block 4/1/2 and make it a solid block, risible in the air and having the ability to be build on with the existing block 4/1/1. With some cool rounded or small square blocked pillar's underneath.

And for some other ideas..

Now these ideas is an new block series idea that included metal slats, color is the same as any metal in category blocks 4.. that would cover about possible about 8 new blocks. Another idea that I have not see, is option to rotate
on the other axis.. for standing blocks and.. what is needed.. is some more DECO.. ideas, like some smoke embers.. in wall-lights.. and some other neat effects, or it just looked environment simply too plain.

The occasional comet or an simple twister follow through or in-air/on-ground lighting bolt, rain, birds, fountain??

Any work or feedback is appreciated. hope you like the new ideas,

:!: Kadaz
Last edited by kadaz on 31 Aug 2015, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

The reason why I picked the metal slats for this bridge structure or for any raise item, because it will be flush with the existing blocks and the picture is showing the height of it on the bottom part starts close to the wood and then goes flush with top of the block, in adjacency, this would need go flush bottom with the all the 7/2 blocks, thus is why the selected color of the item would be same as the 7/2 blocks...

The corner pieces I suggested because there is no really round corners except for the beige color ones, and they have excessive jump attributes which do not make it sensible to put to use for specific 'playable' maps.. yet the importance is how the underside would look, and the idea I came up with is the truss look, like the side of railroad.

And since there is the transition from the bottom portion to the ground, it will have a look-through grill.. to see underground.. and even the air piece would also have that same look.. like a partial grill affect.
Last edited by kadaz on 31 Aug 2015, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Well here is an idea for a ceiling lite to overhang, or maybe some short of a glow bulb
projector light that can change colors, and add in a rotating fan, like the checkpoint yet
smaller and can be mounted in a wall or floor, or standalone, with a wind affect, maybe??

The lite block would really help to create specific environment rooms, ie flag rooms, or
checkpoint stations or health centrals or spawn points. Perhaps it could be hookable, idk.

Last edited by kadaz on 31 Aug 2015, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

This is an idea I had for the ceiling lite originally, yet probably would be best for a single block
one, even with a rotating blade clips moving slowing around.. could be an idea for a push button
door opener too.. or opener for a gate? or ramp extender.

What I agree with, like mentioned in an earlier post..

Is being able to place blocks at different heights on the side of hills.
Last edited by kadaz on 31 Aug 2015, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Map Editor”