Suggestions: Block improvments & ideas.

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

crazydave

Re: Suggestions: Block improvments & ideas.

Post by crazydave »

Hello all,
I make obstacle maps and was thinking how great it would be if the check points were integrated with a planet pay to skip option allowing a person to skip 1 checkpoint in the map for a certain amount of planets payed to the author of the map. What check point one would chose to skip would be up to the player, but not allowed to skip to the goal on last check point. Of course there would also have to be some sort of a time penalty for using the skip option. Could this be possible or am I dreaming?
novationx

Post by novationx »

crazydave wrote:Hello all,
I make obstacle maps and was thinking how great it would be if the check points were integrated with a planet pay to skip option allowing a person to skip 1 checkpoint in the map for a certain amount of planets payed to the author of the map. What check point one would chose to skip would be up to the player, but not allowed to skip to the goal on last check point. Of course there would also have to be some sort of a time penalty for using the skip option. Could this be possible or am I dreaming?
I like it! Planets are underused!
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

pay2win? lol. please, don't include paying in the actual gameplay, it will get abused in some way eventually.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Sure it would be a great idea, I can see no reason why not, yet it was mention it may be abused, how so, by emptying your planet bank? the author.. or the server would be ok with that. :)

But would have to make sure every map get validated properly, like the time checks on TMX.. besides what would be the cost if a few slipped once and while, 50 planets? Not a big deal and there is always logged records, so the punishment would be high, with a doubled returned deposit.

An even great idea on TMX, maybe they would get around to adding support for uploading replays at SMX for obstacles//timetrails/rgp maps..

What you think?
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
novationx

Post by novationx »

Omnixor wrote:
pay2win? lol. please, don't include paying in the actual gameplay, it will get abused in some way eventually.
Its a planet for a checkpoint. Not money for a win.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
crazydave

Post by crazydave »

I am please to see others interested in this idea. I was thinking the planet cost would be up to the author in the editor . As for most of the other concerns maybe this option could be treated as a cheat code and not allow the saving of a times at all. Say someone did use the pay to pass then it would disable the goal until a complete restart from beginning. I think it should only be used once in a map but that could also be an option I guess.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Also like it costs to preview a checkpoint, good idea. It's a good way to provide support for the use of planet currency, now is just the implementation it into a script. I also would use this idea for melee, the winner of a melee map would get say 10 planets from each player, and the 2 and 3 would just receive a consecutive number down.

Then set a setting to have this option turned off/on for voting.. They do have that similar in TMX races, where they make a bet, perhaps this type of option would work best thou, least a server would lose gamers that would be dissatisfied with having to pay out any amount.
Tom.K

Post by Tom.K »

All these ideas for paying with planets look like micro-transactions... I would rather like to stay with paying planets only for tracks, skins and titlepacks. Just my opinion, though.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

True that, yet with additional support for competitive edge, it could be an option, they have those kind of options already for replay map or call next map selection.. so what, at least people wont have a pile up of planets and it can be funneled somewhere, but at least it wont go overboard like pershot sort of deal, good idea thou, I see what you mean, it might be an overload of translation for Nadeo..

:arrow: Then just resume with the betting contracts, donate options and replaying map..

Yet back to the point I do like the skip the checkpoint option for obstacle maps and for competitive play, the option can be turned on once an while with the ability to play a round of it, like Friday night Planet Tap.. Sort of like Smurf's Cup.. Yet at a script level.. But unfortunately there could be the abuse of it, and people actually getting greedy.

:arrow: And this case it could happen alot.. In that case, don't go to that server and play..

The game is what you make it, or allow even having those options open could provide the incentive for more creativity yet in the long run there could be devise effects, I suppose just trusting people would be an advice, but don't, I would suspect it would get out of hand.. so then just keeping it safe, because those type allowances might ruin it for people that actually are innocent, might can say be naive, to what happens..

:idea: But once again, if we are afraid of intimidation, like no speed limits on the road, is that a correct contrast? lol

I say just having that type of option open is ok for friendly play, yet being serious about it, could take the fun out of it, so what does it matter, I don't consider it to be an less availability to provide support for it, but if those automatic micro transactions become a wave of the future in Nadeo, just beware of the overall sense of support the use of Planets for automatic, continuous, consecutive, interactive feeling for Shootmania might get overrated and encourage everyone to follow the trend.

:D Oh dear God, would people just pray more often.. I hate the mess, yet love the work. 8-)
rexin99

Post by rexin99 »

Hey, I saw this thread and, after seeing the Giant's causeway, an idea popped up in my head. A stone ramp.
The stone ramp would be a 1x1 block that works kinda like the HD-erizer block for terrain. But it would only work for the steep land border (which you cannot climb from water). But the block would add a bunch of flat stones on the edge, as well as probably stretch the land a bit, so you could climb on it from water. Multiple ramps next to each other would connect and this block would also work for both types of corners.

So... why? Well, putting blockmixing aside, the player has two ways to get out of water without respawning. Either walk on the land from shallow water (which you almost cannot build on) or walk on either of those four blocks that are partly underwater. But those are min. 1x2. So the stone ramp would be space-efficient.

I can edit it, hoo hoo!
Okay, here is a link to the actual Giant's Causeway:
http://www.titanicwalk.com/wp-content/u ... 26379b.jpg

And here my professional finger art showing the nomal edge and the edge with ramp. Sort of.
http://tinypic.com/r/xc3zwy/8
Last edited by rexin99 on 14 Aug 2014, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Map Editor”