Suggestions: Block improvments & ideas.

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Soprah

Re: Suggestions: Block improvments & ideas.

Post by Soprah »

Really impressive suggestions kadaz :thumbsup:

I've got the impression that actually nobody reads your suggestions. Or even writes a comment. The reason might be, that nobody cares about suggestions for the map-editor, since Nadeo announced improvements & implementing the blockmixing for the map-editor. These guys are maybe just waiting for the release of those new features. This behaviour is absolutely considerable because I wait as well.

My suggestion for your kadaz: Just wait until the third Update is out with it's nice map-editor features. Then, your brilliant ideas might draw much more attention ;)

Greetings,
Soprah
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

or it's because nadeo never implements those suggestions, so they're pointless.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

:( Your impressions of suggestions of this manner are not needed here.

So stop, there is over 1000+ views with responses, and would be nice if MP3 implements some changes, something to look forward too, and sharing editor suggestions forward will aid builders to have share the light on new block transitions\items. This will also help Nadeo developers to listen to us to include these new block transition\items, amongst other goods, so lets get along.

Then have any, suggest some, otherwise, be quiet, n1 wants any unnecessary rants.

If so not, go post any posing remarks at Knights Table, and I will gladly give respect.

:!: Sir Server.
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Here is some new ideas, check it out and feel free to list some of your own, no
matter how simple or complex it may seem, even if it is a few words or more.

:!: Let's hear it (8

Last edited by kadaz on 31 Aug 2015, 03:31, edited 2 times in total.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Some more ideas.. see what you like, comment or add if you recommend or just to share an opinion.

For instance, I would like to see a standing wood panels, (rotate) or building wood wall rooms, etc.

Last edited by kadaz on 31 Aug 2015, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.
novationx

Post by novationx »

I cant understand kadaz.
The image is probably good, but I could use some more explanation. Sowwy :)
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

:thumbsup: Thats alright if your asking for a explanation, it aids to clear up any thought.

1. A request to cutout of stoneblocks into the shapes of the metal bins so they can be used in the game, especially the round corners and things. And I really like the small little square for building some temple like rooms effects. The little grill from block to grass, would be a cool looking affect to transition from using metal bins to the ground.

2. This was a simple effect, I simply took the nucleus bunker and buried in the water.. the edges where almost perfectly level with water, and the underwater side effect matched it perfectly. It would be really useful for using an alternative landing pod (I could image little red lights on the four corners) instead of always using dirt island.

3. I really see the use of this in game, its most feasible, meaning the application of it makes complete sense.. and trying to have an more adaptable weapon tool in-game would help stormman to further make use of its capability range.

To further more explain the idea, basically I was suggestion that the pieces when joined side by side either way, would collapse the exteriors to create a even transition between the weapon launches, also an explanation of this idea would be to include a circular piece, like a cap for the end of the greenpads, yet a rounded arrow dock to further increase maneuverability.

To mind aside from that, yet furthering the idea, including the arrow, I would like to see a castle wall feature, like dirt to inside cavern effect yet with the railpad and/or arrow embedded halfway's into the wall and the opposite side go into a castle wall hole/tunnel effect.

Thanks for asking, I enjoy being specific about the details. 8-)

Till we talk again. :)

:D Sir Knight.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Iam just curious to why does the sky and trees rotate when you turn your viewpoint?

Kinda odd, is there some setting to turn this off and also to turn off the clouds?
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

kadaz : those are sprites, an old rendering techinque that still works very well to simulate volumes for low cost.
The limitation / problem being that "moving" effect.
see the billboard explanations there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(computer_graphics)
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Would be great if there was an option to actually switch it off or on, to render completely or no, and the clouds to have a slider fader, lowering of amount of clouds visible, and possibility a light refractometer, adjusting the amount of light shown. Is that a big amount of work?

Also I've taken notice is, that the actually visual spectrum of the game, windowedfull is limited, compared to fullscreen.. meanwhile, I been playing windowedfull 16:9 in a 4:3.. (keeping the back to windows switch available) and just recently took it off and now playing in windowed only.. 16:9 and now that's better, yet blaa, no more full screen till I get a wide screen monitor, or.. since got to keep that window switch going, you know.

Question is though, it appears that shootmania man seems so.. puny to the visual contrast of the blocks. He needs to be more boxy, needing more muscle, a shade higher of a grade with broader shoulders? instead of a plick of a finger. Is there room to make him grow, just a bit, yet head under the block or level??

And I wonder if the hook would look more feasible to also be used like a stiff band, than just a tangent beam of sort, well at least the look of it... it drastically needs improving. Included with a left-handed shootmania model, and possible center view, with an fov, idk.

Plus all the signs and the all the other objects need to have the ability to wall-jump off of, considering you can wall-jump off the mental tins. That's it.

:thx: 8-)

Return to “Map Editor”