Connections

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

aprror

Connections

Post by aprror »

Hi,

If the connection blocks would look like "finished" from all of the ends, you could place any block anywhere and it looks like it dont need anything attached to it to make it look good, so you dont have to expand the map to hide the open connections?

Just my thinking, not important and maybe dont fit, but maybe for the future, thanks bye :)

* Edit: the second post explains better.
Last edited by aprror on 02 Jan 2015, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
aprror

Re: Connections

Post by aprror »

I will add few images to make the visualization more easier, here is very very simple example:

- First, this is what i have in my mind:

- Second, this is half way, starting to coat the open radiator box connections.

- Third, this starts to look like its finished and the open ends are closed.

So. From what this all started? It was just 2 blocks, corner piece and violet block.

How it ended? It took ~15 blocks to finish off the edges, made the construction very big and the idea is not same as in the beginning.

Ofcourse there are ways to coat these edges differently with different blocks, but this is just simple example using the same blocks groups that i started with.

But yes, just to make visualization what i mean. Really not a problem, but do the connection blocks really need the look of needing a connection? because it only makes it bigger. Sometimes these blocks just extends the map way too much :)

Think about if each 15block connection construction could be cut down to 2blocks and still look as clean
(And/Or every surface has skin option and no need to use blocks to coat)

Return to “Map Editor”