Need help : Bunker + terraform combinations

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

Need help : Bunker + terraform combinations

Post by novationx »

Hi

Question : How can I add a "hole" in the grass-mountain ( screenshot 2 ) without changing its shape.

I'd like to create a "hole/window/gap/crack" in this grass-slope/mountain so that players cant be too sneaky. You can run silently on grass so I need something to counter this silence --> a hole/window/gap or crack

As u can see in the 1st screenshot, I tried to place a bunker in the grass-mountain but it changes the shape of this grass-mountain.

What can I do to solve this? I dont need the bunker per sé, but I do need some sort of hole in this grass-mountain. Any suggestion is welcome.

Somebody told me something about HD-terraforming & mixmapping, but I'm too unexperienced...
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
trueWohoohi

Re: Need help : Bunker + terraform combinations

Post by trueWohoohi »

I don't think it is possible to make a window in this kind of mountain, because the only way is, as you already tried, to use tunnels. I don't think there are any tunnel entrances though that you can place in this kind of mountain formation.

About mixmapping: It doesn't work in the terraforming mode (at f1), only in the block placement mode (at f2). There are multiple mountain decorations though, that you can select with mixmapping, and then for example create a mountain in the air.
I don't know what you mean with "HD-terraforming", maybe you should try putting the texture quality on high though :P :D
novationx

Post by novationx »

This would be the perfect solution. Obviously I'd like to be able to see through the bunker... :(
trueWohoohi

Post by trueWohoohi »

I experimented a bit around, but there won't be an perfect solution. Simply placing blocks into the mountain won't work, so I rebuilded the one half of the mountain with blockmixing (Edit: So now you can see through the bunkers). But still, the shape is different and the jump to the other half of the mountain isn't that easy anymore... :? :(
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq9rck4lxtdhr ... l.jpg?dl=0
Last edited by trueWohoohi on 24 Jun 2015, 20:18, edited 2 times in total.
novationx

Post by novationx »

trueWohoohi wrote:I experimented a bit around, but there won't be an perfect solution. Simply placing blocks into the mountain won't work, so I rebuilded the one half of the mountain with blockmixing. But still, the shape is different and the jump to the other half of the mountain isn't that easy anymore... :? :(
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq9rck4lxtdhr ... l.jpg?dl=0
Can u see through it? :p
And thanks for the help!
trueWohoohi

Post by trueWohoohi »

Yes, that is possible now, the ground of the tunnel is still gras though, that's why you can't see it on the image.
Might have been a really bad camera angle there :oops: :D

Return to “Map Editor”