list of all standard map blocks and what they do?

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

subtlefly

list of all standard map blocks and what they do?

Post by subtlefly »

Hi team,
I am using Shootmania for Education. I have disengaged boys using this software and it is very successful, connected LAN at getting them engaged and interested in creating and modding the game.
We are having some trouble finding clear documentation for all the blocks in Shootmania. Is there a list of what they all do and how they work together?
Thanks team if you can point us in the right direction this will really help us out.
Thanks for any and all help and have a great day
sub
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: list of all standard map blocks and what they do?

Post by Dommy »

I haven't found a list up to date, so I'll list them here:
  • Spawns, goals (and flat goals), gates - primary landmarks configurable by the game mode through scripts.
  • Armor healing pads - flat steel grud surface with a white light circle on it. Standing on it reloads armor, but disallows player from shooting and using stamina, reload for these is also stopped.
  • Safe zone - a greenish surface on which player is invincible after touching it for longer than 3 seconds. Weapon and stamina are unavailable though.
  • Power paths - on ground: thin steel grid pathways with light bars, in air: navy blue roads. They disallow jumping and allow for sprinting with additional 30% reload speed bonus for both ammo and stamina.
  • Power blocks - white metal surface on top gives faster reload and allows mega jumps. Side of the block can be power walljumped and reflects Rockets.
  • Jump pads - small square platforms that launch player I direction and with force indicated by their arms. Special, flat and full sized one is multidirectional and acts like a trampoline.
  • Grappling hooks - yellow lamp point. When in air, hold space or rmb and aim on it to hang on a rope. Longer, blue-ish one is also attracting player in its direction. Can use 2 grapples at the same time - hold lmb while hanging and aiming on a second one. Not possible to shoot while hanging.
  • Forcefield - animated glowing surface in a steel frame. They open when total of 300 damage is done to them with any weapon (laser removes 200). Close a few seconds after being open. When stick inside of the field after it closes, the ammo and stamina are emptied.
  • Crystals - do nothing and only decorative elements at the moment.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
subtlefly

Post by subtlefly »

Hey thanks! that is some great info! how about the teleports? We have been playing around with them and have not managed to get them to work yet!
Also what are the keyboard shortcuts you are mentioning like lmb ?
Sorry to be such a noob!
Thank you so much for taking the time to help us out!
Have a great day
sub
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Flat ones are entrance, vertical are exits. Stand on flat one, aim vertical one and press space or rmb.

Lmb - left mouse button.
Rmb - right mouse button.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
subtlefly

Post by subtlefly »

Thank you very much,
you are a total champion!
Have a great day :)
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hey subtlefly :)

Nice to see you here and happy to see that Shootmania is still used for disengaged boys.
And thank you Domino for the list of blocks :thumbsup:

You also can get a technical documentation here: http://doc.maniaplanet.com/
And we listed some useful links here: https://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic ... 29&start=0

Kind regards :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Map Editor”