Recruitment website for ShootMania : seek-team.com

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

tcq

Re: Recruitment website for ShootMania : seek-team.com

Post by tcq » 23 Jul 2012, 09:12

I like this project, but be careful that you don't make the same mistake as TM-actu did in the past (now mania-Actu), where the language sections were not separated and you got only French news (with some translated to English) and still got French comments at the English news. To be successful the page should be English only, else you will keep stuck with mostly french people flooding everything and no English people will care to post anything on that page. Because the most interesting thing on such sites is to get to know the other teams.
kalstrams wrote:I like how no one never mentions the revenues they are getting from their projects.
Why should they? And no, I don't expect an answer. Just thing a little bit about what you post, before posting senseless stuff that has no relation to the topic. Thx.

kalstrams

Post by kalstrams » 23 Jul 2012, 09:37

Website has some flaws. If you go premium page, you'll see that English version has French words in model emblems. Also, English version has French Idées in the bottom-right corner of the screen, but it should be Ideas. Also, Support-Contact-FAQ is purely on French. Please finish your product, before presenting it to public, if it is OBVIOUSLY intended to be used as a paid service.

Also I would like to notice, that in your 'Games' section you do have a title that will be released in February 2013.

As for tcq:
I wonder, what has caused such an aggression towards me, sir. Also, the fact that you have said nothing to guy who just bumped the topic makes me curious. Despite the fact that, from any point of view, my post has brought way more information in general and about the topic in specific. Or, you want to say me that :up: brings more information than a proper sentence on fine English about the whereabouts of the topic ?

Also, dear administrator, please take care of your English if you take such a serious post on public forums. It is think, not thing.

Best wishes,
kalstrams.

post scriptum
What does 'tnx' mean ?

tcq

Post by tcq » 23 Jul 2012, 10:15

@Thread
kalstrams wrote:Website has some flaws. If you go premium page, you'll see that English version has French words in model emblems. Also, English version has French Idées in the bottom-right corner of the screen, but it should be Ideas. Also, Support-Contact-FAQ is purely on French. Please finish your product, before presenting it to public, if it is OBVIOUSLY intended to be used as a paid service.
Also I would like to notice, that in your 'Games' section you do have a title that will be released in February 2013.
Have you ever seen a website that came online without bugs? I doubt so. Everything needs a start phase. Just take a look at the "ManiaPlanet 2.0" chaos with TM2. People paid for it and have now to "suffer" for a short time until it will be even better than before. Therefore I don't see a reason for you why you are acting against this project in such a destructive manner. Everything needs to start at some point. If you don't like it, don't post here and simply ignore it.

@kalstrams Firstly: I don't see any aggression in my post. Usually I don't need to explain myself, because I posted it in a clearly understandable fashion. Else I would have to explain everything in detail and this thread is not a place for such stuff, because it would be off topic. If you want to discuss it, write me a PM.

kalstrams

Post by kalstrams » 23 Jul 2012, 10:37

I do not act against the project. My advice to the author is, that he should polish the things, before imposing the obvious paid usability of the service, nothing more. And my manner neither can be considered destructive, because I am kind enough not only to say 'what', but also to say 'where'. And 'why'.

@ tcq : I have no intention to discuss anything further after having 0 of your response to earlier post in this topic that contains only 4 symbols. Thus that I conclude, that any further discussion is meaningless ans will not prove of value in proportion to the spent amount of time.

anxious

Post by anxious » 23 Jul 2012, 13:32

Have you ever seen a website that came online without bugs?
I developped the v2 (which is a complete re-work from scratch) of Seek Team on my free time.
And trust me, a web application of this size requires a lot of time.

Seek Team was initially designed to help & develop eSport communities. Not to become millionar, and that's why I do have a full job (that should answer you on the income the website is making).

Well some strings are not translated.... wow, not a big deal, let me some time to fix more important bug (and time to sleep too :p)
Please finish your product, before presenting it to public, if it is OBVIOUSLY intended to be used as a paid service.

False, the premium service is fully optional and it never prevented user from being recruited because they were non premium. Without optional premium service, don't you think that developpers will be fool enough to launch those kind of website that usually cost more than generate income. And please, notice the "BETA" mention in the menu.
Therefore I don't see a reason for you why you are acting against this project in such a destructive manner. Everything needs to start at some poin
Totally agreed too, the website is here to help team to recruit players and vice-versa. And I really doubt there are other good alternative. So if you still want being stuck in the 2000 where you recruit on forum where your post is on page 5 the 2nd day after you posted it. Go ahead. ;-) I'll not blame you if you're not using our service.

Finally ,
I like this project, but be careful that you don't make the same mistake as TM-actu did in the past (now mania-Actu), where the language sections were not separated and you got only French news (with some translated to English) and still got French comments at the English news. To be successful the page should be English only, else you will keep stuck with mostly french people flooding everything and no English people will care to post anything on that page. Because the most interesting thing on such sites is to get to know the other teams.
- The website is "fully" translated, from the emails, to the forms. (some translations may be missing).
- You can filters Teams / CV by country

So I don't know how to get things better (we can't force french team to post their demand in English if they are looking for french ppl).
If you have proposition, i'd be happy to hear :thx: .

Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor » 23 Jul 2012, 13:46

make the ability to search by excluding some countries please... these frenchies everywhere are annoying ^^
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

kalstrams

Post by kalstrams » 23 Jul 2012, 13:51

I pointed out your missing translations.
3 euro sign is place quite obviously on the front page.
Press 'Premium', and say me that words 'JOUEUR' and 'EQUIPE' are English words.
Then look to the right bottom and say me that 'Idées' is an English word too.
Then navigate to the bottom centre of the page and tell me, that the form which after pressing 'Support - FAQ - Contact' is completely on English.
Translation of those strings took me 5 minutes. Because they are not that easy to change - let us say it is 30 minutes.
Can't do 30 minutes of work and blame all on beta ?
Also, 'Targeted search' button and 'Feedback'' button - they both do not work at all, Google Chrome (last version).
Payment works fine, feedback does not. Search does not. FAQ does not. Beats me.

Offtopic to the dearest butthurt I've seen in a while.

I say you where you have things to fix, you throw back me wall of text telling me that I understand nothing.
By the way, I did not mention nothing about the recruiting itself or whatever you do there, so no point telling me about those things or the things I might 'notice' very well. Also, a nice lick to the lawful side. And, please, do not play the comedy that you do not intend to earn some money from this - you have whole 4 different payment options. Moreover, check your post, it's beginning confronts it's ending.
Also, I think no one really cares, whether you develop it in your free time or not, because this is information is hard to be proven.

The only serious recruitment is either through the interview alongside with some real life event, or on the host team forums. Not at the community forums - those teams usually are MID- at most. Fine players are even rare to be seen on forums. For example, could you link me Avek's or Cypher's post here ? Or maybe da bears' ?

Enough of this ********. I said my opinion, and I had to survive '******' attempt from administrator and a wall of *********** text from the topic owner. I have my two cents here. If no one needs the money, I will take it back.

@ tcq : Mind your duties.
Last edited by kalstrams on 23 Jul 2012, 19:08, edited 2 times in total.

anxious

Post by anxious » 23 Jul 2012, 14:10

Omnixor wrote:make the ability to search by excluding some countries please... these frenchies everywhere are annoying ^^
Really great idea, will add that on my todo list. Thanks :thumbsup:
Omnixor wrote:make the ability to search by excluding some countries please... these frenchies everywhere are annoying ^^
It's done, you can now exclude some country in the sidebar ;) Thx for the idea

fuN_tom

Post by fuN_tom » 25 Jul 2012, 15:55

anxious wrote:
Really great idea, will add that on my todo list. Thanks :thumbsup:
It's done, you can now exclude some country in the sidebar ;) Thx for the idea

There are 4 teams searching for players that are NOT french.. +1 for website used ONLY from french people D:<

anxious

Post by anxious » 26 Jul 2012, 10:55

In order to ppl (not french) use the website, I need the ShootMania news website to relay this information.
Unfortunatly, I don't know each of this website in order to ask them to talk about Seek Team.

So please, if you have any esport website talking about ShootMania I can contact. Just tell me ;-)

Return to “Multiplayer”