MatchMaking Lobbies feedbacks

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

plopp

Re: MatchMaking Lobbies feedbacks

Post by plopp » 18 Dec 2013, 01:19

novationx wrote:Hmmm im not sure if I agree. Ofcourse the lobbies would be more fun to play because more people will be playing in the lobbies.
But in SM more players = more lagg.
Well, now the lobbies are filled with people being afk or just sitting and waiting. I'm pretty sure these people contribute to the snapshot. Also I mean wait for allies who just went to the bathroom or something quick.
novationx wrote:Another problem is that a matchmaking server could be full ( i never thought i would say this :D ) when in fact its just a bunch of people waiting for their allies.
I highly doubt it'll get any fuller because of this. It would just be more people readied up and playing. Not that many people will think "Hmm... he said he'd be back in an hour so I'll just play some lobby until then". Also I've seen the server full lots of times when I wanted to play, and I was a bit frustrated since I knew at least a third of those people were just afk on the server. There should be something that kicks you if you're not readied up for too long.

novationx

Post by novationx » 18 Dec 2013, 15:08

Hey man, some awesome suggestions you made, however you were wrong about 1 thing:

People that havent pressed F6 dont contribute to the snap. I know this for a fact.
But I do agree ( because i have seen it with my own eyes ) that AFK players should be kicked from the lobbies.
Some pro players are just 24/7 in those lobbies without playing any match.

10min NO F6 = KICK ( without suspension or penalty )

I really think with all these suggestions ( yours and mine ) + my big post some pages back the matchmaking would be kinda awesome! GO GO GO NADEO!:D
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

promasterpl

Post by promasterpl » 18 Dec 2013, 17:06

If not people AFK'ing in the morning, less people would join servers they are on.

It's natural I guess, you see a single server with 1-2 players are a handful of empty ones so you join that one instead of others.

Same thing was being brought up on ESL once as people liked to AFK in Versus mode. When they started kicking people who idle for too long the activity went down by dozens of matches every day. It just so happens that a little bit of extra activity, even from people who AFK, is certainly good for the community in general.

plopp

Post by plopp » 18 Dec 2013, 23:09

novationx wrote:People that havent pressed F6 dont contribute to the snap. I know this for a fact.
Oh, ok. I was just thinking since it still lags like crap if there is just 1 readied up when there are lots of people afk.
promasterpl wrote:If not people AFK'ing in the morning, less people would join servers they are on.
Makes sense. But when the server is full there could be an idle kick. But only kicking a certain amount that have been afk for the longest or someting.

novationx

Post by novationx » 18 Dec 2013, 23:25

plopp wrote:
promasterpl wrote:If not people AFK'ing in the morning, less people would join servers they are on.
Makes sense. But when the server is full there could be an idle kick. But only kicking a certain amount that have been afk for the longest or someting.
Yeah maybe like this it would even be better^^ Nice team work bros :D

magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik » 08 Jan 2014, 12:17

We have identified a little issue that could cause issues with the local allies.

I'll try to deploy the fix tomorrow on one ubisoft server.
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!

novationx

Post by novationx » 11 Jan 2014, 00:37

I would like to ask NADEO ( magnetik? ) to create a matchmaking server with the possible new maps for the official Elite mappool. So we ( the community ) can properly test them and answer the polls on mania-actu.

I think its a good idea and I hope so do you.

other ideas:

- maybe shut down that custom map matchmaking server until after the poll? Or replace the maps on that server with the new 9maps of the poll.
- remove the maps that wont be in the official mappool anymore and add the new 9 possible maps( = 'force' players to play them )

So keep Rust, Spitfire, Collided & Paladin. Remove everything else and add the maps of the poll. Do this on Silver & gold server )

Cerovan

Post by Cerovan » 13 Jan 2014, 10:12

novationx wrote:- maybe shut down that custom map matchmaking server until after the poll? Or replace the maps on that server with the new 9maps of the poll.
Why do you want shut down the Community Lobby? It has another purpose than the others lobbies, the goal is to highlight maps created by the community, this means that the maps doesn't need to be "tournament-focused" on this lobby.
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

novationx

Post by novationx » 13 Jan 2014, 14:29

Cerovan wrote:
novationx wrote:- maybe shut down that custom map matchmaking server until after the poll? Or replace the maps on that server with the new 9maps of the poll.
Why do you want shut down the Community Lobby? It has another purpose than the others lobbies, the goal is to highlight maps created by the community, this means that the maps doesn't need to be "tournament-focused" on this lobby.
yeah :D what was I thinking? So ignore that suggestion^^, but maybe the others are good ideas :roflol:

PapyChampy

Post by PapyChampy » 13 Jan 2014, 14:46

It would be wiser (in my opinion) to change the maps on existing lobbies when the exact composition of the latest mappack is decided.

As there are already existing servers provided by maniaactu to select the remaning maps for this mappack.

Return to “Multiplayer”