[Break] Realm project

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

Soprah

[Break] Realm project

Post by Soprah »

PLS READ THE LAST POST OF THIS TOPIC. I decided to break this project... Pls read my post right there :arrow: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 60#p184273

YouTube Trailer

After spending countless hours to prepare the big start of my project.. I am proud to annouce that..:
The Project begins NOW! [3rd July]

The Project is dedicated to support the Shootmania gamemode '' Realm ''. At the moment, only a handful players knows about the quite old SM gamemode ''Realm''. So, the whole idea of my project is: Make Realm more popular!

How to support:
  • => Criticism - Criticism is one of the biggest parts in my project! You can criticize everything related to this project! The project itself, the maps, the mode etc. Criticism helps us to improve the realm project so that the affect of the project can be even bigger! Pls don't hesitate to criticize anything.. even criticizing the mode would help us!
    Before you can criticize something related to the mode or the maps, you need to play the mode/maps of course
    If you are very obliging, pls let us know about your suggestions for the maps, mode, the project etc.!

Playing on server - The project asks player to support ''Realm''. The simplest way is by just playing this mode! I've prepared a server where you can play all new maps that I've build for a long time.

-> Meetings: I would like to set up meetings/dates where we play on my server on a specific time:
    Monday 8pm [UTC+2]; Wednessday 7pm; Friday 5pm; Saturday 4pm

Building maps - Secondly, if you are more a map-builder than a player, you can easily create some great realm maps that I'll upload immediately to the server. Previously, the maps have to be uploaded to SMX, because I need the MX-Id to add maps on the server.

Advertise - As more people know about the project as better will be the result! The project needs a huge amount of players who want to support this beautiful mode!
Yesterday, I've created a new maniaFlash where I'll post related to my project, especially meetings/events/news.
Pls check this out Realm project maniaflash
Manialink is ''realmproject''

Here is a maplist from my project!

How to get the skin above:
This skin is just created for players who intensively support this mode! It is a little reward because I really appreciate the work that they are doing to support the mode!
It is my part to choose people who are suitable to receive this skin.

The project will end if there is a regular amount of players who play this mode.

See you on the server 'Realm project'' and let's going to support this beautiful mode! :yes:
New maps on the server!
- Gamerxy, who designed this beautiful skin!
- letoursite, who provides me the server!

All the best,
Soprah
Last edited by TMarc on 09 Aug 2013, 12:14, edited 59 times in total.
Reason: added link to last post
TitiShu

Re: Realm needs support!

Post by TitiShu »

I've 3 maps in preparation...

I just think that 2min is too short for a round
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Hey TitiShu
TitiShu wrote:I've 3 maps in preparation...
I am just happy that anybody else than me build realm-maps :)´But where can serveradmin and normal users find them? if u don't publish them, the community can't use them ;)
Would be pretty nice if u upload them in SMX: http://sm.mania-exchange.com/
And for future mapbuilders.. Pls upload your maps on SMX that your work isn't needless!

And I am still continuing building maps! It is just a great feeling to let your creativity run wild while you are building a tactical and great map ! :yes:

Go on!
TitiShu wrote: I just think that 2min is too short for a round
Well, 2min are maybe too short. But, if it would be longer than 2min, that round would be endless or even just too long and as a consequence: It would be unplayable. Just my thoughts
TitiShu

Post by TitiShu »

Hey i know i've already around 20maps on MX but my realm maps are not ready (for the moment i'm working on custom blocks)...

maybe this weekend
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

TitiShu wrote:Hey i know i've already around 20maps on MX but my realm maps are not ready (for the moment i'm working on custom blocks)...

maybe this weekend
Very nice!

Honestly, I can't believe why nobody pays attention for Realm. It has such a huge potential because it is just tactical based. Why everybody is playing Elite to play on the highest level? Realm provides the same in my mind.. :yes:
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

Soprah wrote:Honestly, I can't believe why nobody pays attention for Realm. It has such a huge potential because it is just tactical based. Why everybody is playing Elite to play on the highest level? Realm provides the same in my mind.. :yes:
Heroes is also supercool :)
mzhh

Post by mzhh »

srsly, where i can find "realm" mode?
Under "Storm" ?
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

yes :) look for realm in the serverbrowser.
its not really for me. I prefere Joust or Elite.
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

I must admit I had already forgotten about this mode.
I like the idea and I bet it is a lot of fun in teams, but on a public server with all the people joining and leaving constantly, not playing coordinated it is just a big mess most of the time and no fun at all.

Maybe run.ball and Devota can have a Realm match one day? ;D
-murphy-

Post by -murphy- »

I would also like to try out this gamemode. Is there an existing realm-server in europe with suitable maps?

Return to “Multiplayer”