server population right now?

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 800
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Miss » 19 Feb 2017, 18:31

That sounds like a good idea.
Forum moderator :thx: Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet scripting platform!
I also stream!

novationx
Posts: 2718
Joined: 10 Aug 2013, 22:33

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by novationx » 19 Feb 2017, 20:00

TMarc wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 17:15
tcq wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 16:43
Actually, this is were novationx is 100% right and TMarc is wrong. There are simply no players around to make this game playable
Really, where am I wrong?
You say yourself there is no player.
Why do you want to maintain a game, investing lot of time, money and tears, where nobody is playing?
This makes no sense at all.

I fear that after the beta or even the next release, there will only be a small up in player count, and then the usual complainers will say that the changes are still not enough, and again this will not help to bring in more players.

Miss, from where should I split the topic? from Almies post on?
Tmarc,

Something you love can have flaws too. It's by pointing them out ( or sometimes have a discussion ) that it can become better/grow.
Just like a relationship between a man and woman. There's no reason to break up instantly. ( no sm, no cry )
Unless you're a hopeless romantic who adores everything his (flawed) wife does^^ ...

Strange methapor, but I guess you get the point. I also didnt say anything about anything else ( future updates, beta, ... ). I only talked about the screenshot and how hard it is to find a game. I'm sure you could see how this is not as easy as it should be, right? Or was I completely wrong with my previous post?

Grtz
NADEO y u do diz? :oops: #MP4

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 13917
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by TMarc » 19 Feb 2017, 20:10

novationx, I did not write you were wrong ;)

Either I or other mods will clean up this topic a bit later. :)
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia GTX 970, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD

User avatar
i7mean
Posts: 257
Joined: 28 Nov 2015, 15:01

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by i7mean » 19 Feb 2017, 22:17

I still don't understand why the mods in this forum like so much to delete posts and merge the topic ... What these SM players are talking about is RELATED with the previews and with the game overall ffs. I'm not even a SM player and it seems I am more concerned about most people in this forum. Please stop deleting they are talking about how they think the channel system so why being like this...

And also instead of answering "delete SM" to their posts, why don't you answer "better advertising needed" ? Who is being negative in fact ?
How is posting a screen of 50 people playing during vacations (where I live at least) an evidence that this is all okay ?

Sometimes I don't understand why few people like Miss in this forum decide about what we should talk about, where and when ? Hi, who are you ?
Image

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 800
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Miss » 19 Feb 2017, 23:17

I'm just having a response that forum moderators + Nadeo have had in the past. They like to keep offtopic posts out of the discussion. I've had critics on their methods, but it seems like they are improving on that, so I'm fully expecting these posts to either get removed with a notice, or get moved into a different thread to off-topic instead. (Perhaps even getting locked.)

Furthermore, this topic has been discussed a 1000 times before, continuing this discussion isn't going to help anyone, Nadeo is already aware of this "problem", and are doing the best they can to improve it. Continuing to criticize Nadeo on "not doing their job" only results in the work being demoralizing and as a result development will be slower.

TMarc, why haven't you split the thread yet? It shouldn't be that much work.
Forum moderator :thx: Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet scripting platform!
I also stream!

User avatar
Dommy
Translator
Translator
Posts: 1706
Joined: 25 Aug 2011, 21:45
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Dommy » 19 Feb 2017, 23:30

It's because conversations level on and moderation level of this forum is complete garbage and there is no way to get back from this circus leading to its self-destruction. I am not saying moderators here are soulless devils wanting everyones bad, they are responsive and helpful towards users who are in trouble of being unable to do something with/in the game. But there is other side. Admit it: when anyone submits a fact - "ShootMania is dead", "Stadium is no longer a player on the eSports scene", "Valley has empty servers", "Turbo has no users online" - it is a taboo topic for this moderation and ONLY solution they come with is locking (rare case) or deleting (more common) topics. Topics like these were in fact mentioned tons of times, there were long conversations discussing them but people still had their point. However, the fact moderators delete posts only makes people more pissed off and repeating more how Nadeo and moderation team are scared of the brutal reality people convince them on this forum. Even just providing a link. A normal link to the topic which discussed problem user was speaking of. Impossible for moderators. Stop acting like everything is okay and nothing happened - at least provide a source that problem was discussed before.

And I won't forget the best of the best recent situations on this forum: Soprah's post in offtopic. About how the game has changed him. And what happened? Topic was locked because "it didn't suit to the forums purpose of developers communication between users". Seriously, I fully understand why everyone moved from this forum to anarchy Discord servers - to avoid this developing carousel of laughter.

Plus, if you are saying that "forums purpose is for developers communication between users" is a thing, then what was forums purpose 3 years ago, when it was a friendly and populated place? Why are there still topics and forums for events, users creation? It doesn't suit the forum purpose, right? So why is it still there?

PS. I did take screenshots of all post 3 pages back in case they will magically vanish.

User avatar
TGYoshi
Posts: 807
Joined: 15 Mar 2011, 16:59

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by TGYoshi » 19 Feb 2017, 23:50

It came to my attention some time ago that the key purpose of the current moderation stance is to simply discourage pointless rants simply complaining about how the platform has an "empty feeling" whatsoever. I'm pretty confident they are well aware of this, those hundreds of posts simply whining about it all the time surely do severely demotivate all of Nando.

Then again, silently deleting those posts does enrage the players as a result, but clearly keeping the forums somewhat clear of complete toxicity is seemingly valued higher (which is not per see weird!). I definitely understand both parties here.

I don't completely agree with whatever is happening nowadays, but I do also completely understand why they do it. From Nando's perspective, that is.
=3

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 800
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Miss » 19 Feb 2017, 23:55

I'll reply while the mods aren't moving/deleteing/splitting these posts:
domino54 wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 23:30
Admit it: when anyone submits a fact - "ShootMania is dead", "Stadium is no longer a player on the eSports scene", "Valley has empty servers", "Turbo has no users online"
Okay, first of all, I disagree here - none of these are "facts" (Valley gets close, but there are still 12 players in servers when I'm writing this, which is > 0).
domino54 wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 23:30
it is a taboo topic for this moderation and ONLY solution they come with is locking (rare case) or deleting (more common) topics. Topics like these were in fact mentioned tons of times, there were long conversations discussing them but people still had their point. However, the fact moderators delete posts only makes people more pissed off and repeating more how Nadeo and moderation team are scared of the brutal reality people convince them on this forum. Even just providing a link. A normal link to the topic which discussed problem user was speaking of. Impossible for moderators. Stop acting like everything is okay and nothing happened - at least provide a source that problem was discussed before.
Okay, a little bit of info here. Locking is not bad. Deleting is not bad in itself, as long as a followup post is given where the deletion is addressed. I do believe things are improving after the last mass deletion, considering the last "name change" thread was splitted from another thread instead of just plain deleted. (Nice!) So I wouldn't agree with this until I see these posts actually getting deleted without notice.
domino54 wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 23:30
And I won't forget the best of the best recent situations on this forum: Soprah's post in offtopic. About how the game has changed him. And what happened? Topic was locked because "it didn't suit to the forums purpose of developers communication between users".
I disagree, there was nothing wrong with this particular thread lock. Hylis provided a detailed answer, and even a valid reason for locking the thread:
Hylis wrote:I will lock the topic since I know too easily that useless debates can arise from these kind of post.
domino54 wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 23:30
Plus, if you are saying that "forums purpose is for developers communication between users" is a thing, then what was forums purpose 3 years ago, when it was a friendly and populated place? Why are there still topics and forums for events, users creation? It doesn't suit the forum purpose, right? So why is it still there?
I know I shouldn't comment on this because I haven't been here for that long, but this is an irrelevant point. Why can't a "forum purpose" change over the years? It has to grow towards the needs of the community, as well as the developers.

And that's all I have to say about this. Mods, move these posts, or we'll have a never-ending thread with this discussion in a place where it doesn't belong!

Edit: While I was writing this, another post came up:
TGYoshi wrote:It came to my attention some time ago that the key purpose of the current moderation stance is to simply discourage pointless rants simply complaining about how the platform has an "empty feeling" whatsoever. I'm pretty confident they are well aware of this, those hundreds of posts simply whining about it all the time surely do severely demotivate all of Nando.

Then again, silently deleting those posts does enrage the players as a result, but clearly keeping the forums somewhat clear of complete toxicity is seemingly valued higher (which is not per see weird!). I definitely understand both parties here.

I don't completely agree with whatever is happening nowadays, but I do also completely understand why they do it. From Nando's perspective, that is.
And I fully agree with this. I have also contacted Nadeo in private concerning recent moderative actions, and I hope the feedback there will be taken closely. Even if all of these posts are deleted - there should be a followup post about the deleted posts. Then all is well. :) :thx:
Forum moderator :thx: Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet scripting platform!
I also stream!

oliverde8
Posts: 1274
Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 07:33
Location: in a Blue Box

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by oliverde8 » 20 Feb 2017, 09:10

Miss wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 23:55
I'll reply while the mods aren't moving/deleteing/splitting these posts:
domino54 wrote:
19 Feb 2017, 23:30
Admit it: when anyone submits a fact - "ShootMania is dead", "Stadium is no longer a player on the eSports scene", "Valley has empty servers", "Turbo has no users online"
Okay, first of all, I disagree here - none of these are "facts" (Valley gets close, but there are still 12 players in servers when I'm writing this, which is > 0).
That is as good as empty, I love valley it's my favorite environment(besite TM²) of the 3 and I can't play it. I am not saying there is no players but they are not enought; at some hours (usually the ones I play) there is not more the 4 people. Even during the weekends. Let's not be over positive, 12 players is nothing 20 players is nothing even 100 player is nothing this game deserves much more.

Right now when I am writing this there is 1 player in Valley, and over 40 servers. This shows how much the community spends to the game we are hosting more servers then there is players. I haven't seen more then 40 players in valley for ages.

I can't understand the frustration & deleting pointless discussion; but these post will reemerge until something changes. How can it change I don't know but that is not even the point, the point is that as things stand today there is a very strong impression that these issues are simply ignored. And as long as it remains that way the frustration we have on the subject will grow.

I doubt that anyone here that writes doesn't like the game; they have spent so much time playing & contributing I think they deserve to be heard and to express their frustration.

Edit; well let's hope MP#4 will bring up a solution :D
Image
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 800
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Miss » 20 Feb 2017, 10:23

oliverde8 wrote:
20 Feb 2017, 09:10
That is as good as empty, I love valley it's my favorite environment(besite TM²) of the 3 and I can't play it. I am not saying there is no players but they are not enought; at some hours (usually the ones I play) there is not more the 4 people. Even during the weekends. Let's not be over positive, 12 players is nothing 20 players is nothing even 100 player is nothing this game deserves much more.

Right now when I am writing this there is 1 player in Valley, and over 40 servers. This shows how much the community spends to the game we are hosting more servers then there is players. I haven't seen more then 40 players in valley for ages.
Fair enough, I've tried playing Valley a bunch of times and there aren't that many players to make for a fun session, I must agree. But to say "it is dead" is just a wrong fact if there are still players playing it every day.
Forum moderator :thx: Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet scripting platform!
I also stream!

Locked

Return to “Multiplayer”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests