MAPS FOR ESWC

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

sadzealot
Posts: 337
Joined: 04 Aug 2012, 03:38

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by sadzealot » 09 Aug 2013, 10:12

Cerovan wrote:
sadzealot wrote:RIP SM.
Image
You keep making jokes, and I do wonder if this is because you actually believe we're just hating or if it's to protect yourself from having to realize what a massive opportunity you're throwing away.

I hope it's the latter, because if it's the first you're clearly living in denial. Have you noticed how top level Elite players these days are streaming other games, including Firefall? Have you talked to some of them and heard the only reason they're back playing is solely because of ESWC and the money, and after that they're gone again? Do you know that this is partially because of forced B3 switch and the direction you're taking the game in?

No you say? Then maybe you should get out of your offices more and communicate with the outside world so we don't get any more "Weapon selection on defence" suggestions which you all "Liked more and more after playing with it internally"

andrewcandoall
Posts: 69
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 22:03

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by andrewcandoall » 09 Aug 2013, 10:26

sadzealot wrote:
Cerovan wrote:
sadzealot wrote:RIP SM.
Image
You keep making jokes, and I do wonder if this is because you actually believe we're just hating or if it's to protect yourself from having to realize what a massive opportunity you're throwing away.

I hope it's the latter, because if it's the first you're clearly living in denial. Have you noticed how top level Elite players these days are streaming other games, including Firefall? Have you talked to some of them and heard the only reason they're back playing is solely because of ESWC and the money, and after that they're gone again? Do you know that this is partially because of forced B3 switch and the direction you're taking the game in?

No you say? Then maybe you should get out of your offices more and communicate with the outside world so we don't get any more "Weapon selection on defence" suggestions which you all "Liked more and more after playing with it internally"
I've talked to many of those Firefall players though and most of them say they plan on quitting Firefall once the money runs out there and they prefer SM over it. That goes for Buds, Talespin, and JiePie. While I agree that Nadeo should listen more, Firefall is only popular due to money which is the same issue SM recognized falling the end of IPL.

User avatar
Cerovan
Posts: 2044
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 11:27
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by Cerovan » 09 Aug 2013, 10:39

sadzealot wrote:...
The idea behind this gif is that you're acting too negatively towards the others users/players and the game. You can be constructive like luxxiz or caspa for example but your behaviour is, for me, not so good. You're too focused on the play at high level and (almost) completely forgetting that there is beginners/not so skilled players on the game. I think it's a mistake to modify the gameplay to please only a part of the community and to not care the other part.
The changes are made to have a greater game on the long-term, it's not by having a skillceiling as big as in Quake for example that ShootMania will be fun and challenging at the same time for the "majority" of the players.

Moreover we know your (i meant you sadzealot) opinion about the B3 (and i would say current gameplay instead) and the mappack so you don't need talk again and again and again about this subject because Hylis is in vacations and that the ESWC will apparently not change their mind for the mappack.

You can recreate a thread in September as a reminder for us if you want, but you don't need to put again on the table this subject because there is no one able to answer about it for the moment.

And i'm kindly ask you to change your tone a bit, i can understand that you can be a little pissed about this but it's not a reason to become insulting towards the others users (including towards Nadeo members) of the forum.
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

User avatar
roguesergeant
Posts: 83
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 05:32
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by roguesergeant » 09 Aug 2013, 14:18

Cerovan wrote:
sadzealot wrote:...
The idea behind this gif is that you're acting too negatively towards the others users/players and the game. You can be constructive like luxxiz or caspa for example but your behaviour is, for me, not so good. You're too focused on the play at high level and (almost) completely forgetting that there is beginners/not so skilled players on the game. I think it's a mistake to modify the gameplay to please only a part of the community and to not care the other part.
The changes are made to have a greater game on the long-term, it's not by having a skillceiling as big as in Quake for example that ShootMania will be fun and challenging at the same time for the "majority" of the players.

Moreover we know your (i meant you sadzealot) opinion about the B3 (and i would say current gameplay instead) and the mappack so you don't need talk again and again and again about this subject because Hylis is in vacations and that the ESWC will apparently not change their mind for the mappack.

You can recreate a thread in September as a reminder for us if you want, but you don't need to put again on the table this subject because there is no one able to answer about it for the moment.

And i'm kindly ask you to change your tone a bit, i can understand that you can be a little pissed about this but it's not a reason to become insulting towards the others users (including towards Nadeo members) of the forum.
I get you're doing your job friend. However some people are geniunely concerned for the future of this software. I myself am to as I have contributed a bit in North America. I personally would not have responded to any comment with a gif as it's not really professional or mature. I get some people here are mad, and I was upset when the changes were made to. However I still play it doesn't stop me. But, you should have just called the game shootmania elite or something. NA is virtually dead, matchmaking won't even work here with passes. However, I hope Nadeo and Hylis really do reconsider their choices as there will be no more na community.

User avatar
Cerovan
Posts: 2044
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 11:27
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by Cerovan » 09 Aug 2013, 14:36

roguesergeant wrote:I personally would not have responded to any comment with a gif as it's not really professional or mature.
It was more an answer for the posts from sadzealot.
roguesergeant wrote:NA is virtually dead, matchmaking won't even work here with passes. However, I hope Nadeo and Hylis really do reconsider their choices as there will be no more na community.
We work on how increase the NA population with Ubisoft US :thumbsup:
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

TORAKI
Posts: 75
Joined: 02 Mar 2013, 03:30

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by TORAKI » 12 Aug 2013, 20:57

Just i little update, in - mindcontrol you can easily jump on top of the map in attacker respawn.. and you can lame rounds by just standing on top of the map/ defenders heads.. it needs a fix

User avatar
bas_ekkelenkamp
Posts: 188
Joined: 28 May 2012, 12:50

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by bas_ekkelenkamp » 12 Aug 2013, 23:07

Thanks a lot for your message tokari, I've updated three spots where you could originally get on top of the map. Hopefully that was everything.

Click the image to go to the download page. :)
Image

User avatar
roguesergeant
Posts: 83
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 05:32
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by roguesergeant » 13 Aug 2013, 06:11

bas_ekkelenkamp wrote:Thanks a lot for your message tokari, I've updated three spots where you could originally get on top of the map. Hopefully that was everything.

Click the image to go to the download page. :)
Image
isnt this a little late?

novationx
Posts: 2723
Joined: 10 Aug 2013, 22:33

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by novationx » 13 Aug 2013, 11:59

Nadeo should announce something about their plans for SM after ESWC to keep players playing & interested.
Maybe a new event or some clear communication about what will happen after ESWC...
This game is dying so fast especially with these kind of decisions.
Even after a forum with 250replies packed with complaints they still dont cave in.

Maybe NADEO doesnt speak english. If thats the case maybe we should open un topic francais.

MindControl & Cake are truely bad competitive maps and should be changed drastically... But there is no timeeeeeeeee.

User avatar
Ozon
Posts: 969
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 13:12
Contact:

Re: MAPS FOR ESWC

Post by Ozon » 13 Aug 2013, 12:29

novationx wrote:Nadeo should announce something about their plans for SM after ESWC to keep players playing & interested.
Maybe a new event or some clear communication about what will happen after ESWC...
This game is dying so fast especially with these kind of decisions.
Even after a forum with 250replies packed with complaints they still dont cave in.

Maybe NADEO doesnt speak english. If thats the case maybe we should open un topic francais.

MindControl & Cake are truely bad competitive maps and should be changed drastically... But there is no timeeeeeeeee.
Mother of god.

So what is an announcement for? Matches are announced every week! Everyone can organize an event!

"The game is dying." That term is already as annoying as global warming - it won't happen anyway in the next 18 years. Also, blaming maps - we talked already - is just unprofessional in this case since these maps are good designed after you accept that you need more practice.
Image
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back

Post Reply

Return to “Multiplayer”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest