SUGGESTION : Show pings of every player.

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

Joader

Re: SUGGESTION : Show pings of every player.

Post by Joader » 31 Jan 2014, 16:23

have to agree with viper. Thats what basically every player u asked said for a year now at least. I feel really sad when I see how this game developped. From a serious competiton game to some kind of casual randomness in some cases and without the goal of haing tournaments anymore. And now even denying necessary information such as pings... WTF ARE U TRYING TO KILL UR OWN GAME?!

kremsy

Post by kremsy » 31 Jan 2014, 19:12

Anyway it's a bug in the Dedicated Server API, that the networkStat Method don't returns the right Information, and that needs to fixed...
Lukas alias Kremsy, Developer of:
ManiaControl: http://www.maniacontrol.com
ParagonLeague: http://league.paragon-esports.com
MPAseco: http://mpaseco.org
ManiaViewer: http://www.maniaviewer.com

Wabbitface

Post by Wabbitface » 31 Jan 2014, 19:34

One of the biggest issues I see before cup matches start is the debate on which server to play on, for example:

Note that I am purely showing this as an example from previous experience and I am not saying all FR teams do this

-My team have a cup match against a FR linup, since my team is split up around EU, I suggest the fairest server to play on is on a GER server since after all, a country right beside FR.

-Soon as we get on the server, my team average a ping of 50-80ms (unlike a 65-120ms to a FR serv), the FR linup immediately tell us they have over 100ms ping to the current server. Due to further discussion getting an admin involved (omg), the admin then gets fed up and tells us all to play on a FR Server.

-Now I am no networking engineer, but I call BULLSHIT on 100ms between France and Germany, This Linup exaggerate their ping to an insane level because they know they have (almost LAN speeds) a better connection to FR servers).

Just so you know this is only 1 of many examples of this BS-talk from teams, leading to unfrair play. Please just make the fix of the GetNetworkStats() Method to make it possible for different tools to get access to the pings. You don't need to have it shown default on the scoreboard :roll:
Last edited by Wabbitface on 31 Jan 2014, 20:27, edited 2 times in total.
Liam 'Wabbitface' Watson
ShootMania Shout-caster
Specs | Intel i5-3570k @ 3.80GHz | 16GB 2400MHz | Nvidia GTX 780 | Win10.1 64bit | Asus Maximus V Formula

godo

Post by godo » 31 Jan 2014, 20:00

Wabbitface wrote: -Now I am no networking engineer, but I call BULLSHIT on 100ms between France and Germany, This Linup exaggerate their ping to an insane level because they know they have (almost LAN speeds) a better connection to FR servers).

Just for information wabbi ,

When i play on a french server i have 30 ping . On a german server i have something between 80-100 . And on Lynx server ( in netherland ) i have over 100 .

So it's possible .
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.87 Ghz
RAM: 2gb DDR2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450
Motherboard: Cuba MS-7301
Sound: onboard: Realtek

Wabbitface

Post by Wabbitface » 31 Jan 2014, 20:12

godo wrote: Just for information wabbi ,

When i play on a French server I have 30 ping . On a German server i have something between 80-100 . And on Lynx server ( in netherland ) I have over 100 .

So it's possible .
This surely can't be true, its too ridiculous to be true. Either the network between Ger and FR hit the bandwidth cap or French players don't optimise / cut their internet programs on their pc's. Just saying.

From Scotland, I ping to Germany about 60ms (45ms with fibre), France with 46ms (29ms with fibre).

You are telling me that the connection is between 80-100ms from France to Germany, can someone please give me evidence that this is the case, or if its just lousy internet bandwidth management by the players.

Sorry if this is getting off topic, but I still call BS on this 100ms thing
Liam 'Wabbitface' Watson
ShootMania Shout-caster
Specs | Intel i5-3570k @ 3.80GHz | 16GB 2400MHz | Nvidia GTX 780 | Win10.1 64bit | Asus Maximus V Formula

Joader

Post by Joader » 01 Feb 2014, 08:52

Some people even do this when we play on a french server as long as it is not their own, which is kinda weird and unacceptable. Have only seen it from kinda bad teams till now, but the possiblity is there which is a shame

godo

Post by godo » 01 Feb 2014, 16:40

Wabbitface wrote:
This surely can't be true, its too ridiculous to be true. Either the network between Ger and FR hit the bandwidth cap or French players don't optimise / cut their internet programs on their pc's. Just saying.

From Scotland, I ping to Germany about 60ms (45ms with fibre), France with 46ms (29ms with fibre).

You are telling me that the connection is between 80-100ms from France to Germany, can someone please give me evidence that this is the case, or if its just lousy internet bandwidth management by the players.

Sorry if this is getting off topic, but I still call BS on this 100ms thing
Look wabbi ,

This screen was take on a paragon elite server http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... Shot26.jpg

Just for information i was in , without any stream , download or withou any program who can creat lag .( but i don't have fibre :( )
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.87 Ghz
RAM: 2gb DDR2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450
Motherboard: Cuba MS-7301
Sound: onboard: Realtek

weerwolf

Post by weerwolf » 01 Feb 2014, 17:47

That is not BS wabbit, it depends if the serverowner has its server on a volume network contract or premium network contract.
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 47#p200868

The volume network peering to england/scotland is better than from Germany. (where our physical server also resides)

Wabbitface

Post by Wabbitface » 04 Feb 2014, 17:52

weerwolf wrote:That is not BS wabbit, it depends if the serverowner has its server on a volume network contract or premium network contract.
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 47#p200868

The volume network peering to england/scotland is better than from Germany. (where our physical server also resides)
Thanks weerwolf, that changed my perspective on things.
Liam 'Wabbitface' Watson
ShootMania Shout-caster

BlackEddy

Post by BlackEddy » 23 Feb 2014, 14:47

BUMP!

I'm bored of guys who always says:"You are lagger", "Fix your net" when they see me playing from Latvia(Lettland,Lettonie) even despite the fact I've got much better connection than they.
Hylis said smth like :"We don't want people to blame laggers".

Question #1: Why the fck I have to always read flamings from those idiots from France or Germany(Belgium as well) even I have the same ping?
Question #2: Why we always have to change server when french players have ~100 pings on it and when we change server to a French my mate gets ~120 ping but we HAVE TO play there?

Suggestion #1: Make pings visible.
Suggestion #2: Nadeo have to create servers hosted in at least 5-7 countries over the europe.

P.S. I don't give a shit why you don't want to make it. You HAVE TO. I paid money to you and you have to do what I(Customer) except from you.
Edvards "iBlack" Stasaitis

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Asus RX470 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard: GygaByte Z170

Return to “Multiplayer”