Meetings to play on titlepacks

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: Meetings to play on titlepacks

Post by Dommy » 15 Jun 2014, 22:02

@Soprah - also from me you can post advert on invasion, hg and dominis station. No problemo just ask me :D
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD

Soprah

Post by Soprah » 15 Jun 2014, 22:49

Thanks for your support Questionasker & Nerpson :thumbsup:

@Domino + TMjinzo,
Yes, there will be definitely an opportunity to test your mode. Only had one chance to play your mode yet. That has to change 8-)
Thanks for your offer to advertise this little project on your manialink :thx:
Before I would like to advertise, I would like to finish my little preparation for the start of this mode ( Expect nothing big ). If this is ready, you can start advertising with your manialink, if it's okay for you.

I am proud that there are so many participants so far.
Hopefully this project will change the future of the titlepacks :yes:

Best greetings,
Soprah

NJin

Post by NJin » 19 Jun 2014, 00:13

Let's bring the "hidden" feature of Maniaplanet at the front :3
Computer engineering student
n-jin.eu || Facebook || Twitter || Discord: N-Jin#2809 || PC Specs: i7-8700K @4,7GHz - GTX 1080 - 32GB DDR4

Soprah

Re: Meetings to play on titlepacks + POSTER

Post by Soprah » 20 Jun 2014, 18:33

I've added a new image for the advertisement. You can see it in the first post of this thread. Unfortunately, it does not portray the pic correctly ( A bit of the right part is missing ).
If you would like to see the full pic take a look there.

I will announce the first meetings soon. Until then, let's spread the word and support the titlepacks as much as possible :thumbsup:

Additionnal note: Most of you always accused Nadeo that it's their fault that titlepacks aren't popular or rather have always empty server. Probably you are right in some ways, but you are asked to change that as well, not only Nadeo. Now, it's in your hands how bad do you want that the titlepacks become successful ;)

Best greetings,
Soprah

yoshistara

Post by yoshistara » 21 Jun 2014, 17:04

I have add a info on my maniaflash (48 bookmarkers,not many but..)

maniaflash?yoshi

I hope i can help :thumbsup:

:3
Vote for me at the playerpage https://player.maniaplanet.com/mania-stars/
,vote for the login:yoshi-star
And why not visit my maniaflash? manialink:maniaflash?yoshi

Soprah

Post by Soprah » 22 Jun 2014, 22:17

Any support is welcome!
From very small to big. Everything is great! I am absolutely sure that the titlepack creators are thankful for every support they receive. :thumbsup:

I've tried to give some useful suggestions to play Titlepacks regulary ( not only on meetings ), such as by creating a ''mode of the week''. More information here. Pls discuss everything related to this topic there and not here :)

gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim » 26 Jun 2014, 10:59

Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)

Soprah

Post by Soprah » 03 Jul 2014, 20:56

Unfortunately, the forum does not show the image correctly. For the correct and full version here: FULL PIC

Table of contents:

1. Introduction
2. Annoucement of the first meeting
3. More explaination about the meetings
4. List of titlepacks where we'll hold meetings
5. Last words

Introduction

Hello loyal titlepack supporter!
Thanks to Gouxim and in general the awesome developer team Nadeo, there will be without doubt a better future for Titlepacks in the upcoming weeks. As you might have noticed in the Hylis' written articles ''Hello Planet #4'' or the ''power up!'', there will be various measures to solve the widely common ''titlepack-issue'' which means, to explain it very shortly, that the titlepacks are mostly characterized by having empty servers. For example, which is probably the main measure, demo users are able to play on ALL titlepacks which have less than 100 players. This sounds amazing and will be amazing.

Nadeo does their job well regarding the titlepack issue. However, I do not think that the job is done of the community. Therefore, I would like to announce the very first meeting as I've promised a couple days ago.

1st Meeting #Firefight

Firefight is a newly released titlepack by dyhubertus which is about conquering zones to respawn your teammates. I've already tested this titlepack for around 20min and I can already tell you: This titlepack is totally worth to be played. The titlepack also includes various classes. Each of them has different attributes, such as higher movement or less weapon-reload. Furthermore, some of them have some very interesting new weapons, for instance the ''plasma-gun'' which fires two projectiles.

We'll hold the meeting on Saturday 7pm [CET]
. It doesn't has any specific end-time, it's rather up to you when you would like to leave. Nevertheless, it is recommended that you stay at least 1-2hours so the meeting wasn't senseless.

Meetings in general:

How do I chose them?

Basically, the main idea of this project is to support all Shootmania titlepacks by holding meetings on them, especially those which are made by players and aren't known. I will begin with them, but I am not absolutely sure. However, I consider several aspects as well:
- Mixture of popular and unpopular titlepacks
- Mixture of custom and nadeo made titlepacks
- Mixture of newly & old released titlepacks
- etc. ...
As you can see, I would like to balance it as much as possible so no titlepack is disadvantaged or simply has to wait too long until finally people play on them. Moreover, I am open for wishes which titlepack you would like to play, so don't hesitate to tell them. ;)

Aims of the meetings

1. Support unknown as well as known titlepacks

As I've mentioned several times so far, the most titlepacks are unknown and thus, have empty servers or at least only a few people are playing on them sometimes. The titlepack creators are all putting a lot effort in their mind-blowing titlepacks and it's quite a shame that they remain unpopular. They deserve to be played.

2. Giving players the chance to play a titlepack

As the title suggests, the meeting shall give players the chance to play an unknown titlepack. Mostly the servers are empty and nobody would like to join an empty server ( me included ). Therefore, I will regulary set up meetings where people will meet other players to play on the same titlepack. The more players are on a titlepack, the more fun is guaranteed! :mrgreen:

3. Players are able to give feedback / suggestions

No Titlepack is perfect and especially when the titlepack is very new or wasn't that much played, a lot improvements needs to be done. This can be either bug fixes, unbalanced things which have to be balanced, additionall features which were proposed by players etc. What I would like to say: Players are from a different point of view than a developer and can give detailed feedback/criticism/suggestions. The more people give feedback, the better will be the titlepack. :)

List of Titlepacks

To have a better overview, I've created a list of all official as well as custom player made titlepacks which we'll support in this project:

Official titlepacks:
Heroes
Joust
Combo
Player made titlepacks
Firefight [Beta]
Obstacle
Hunger games
Invasion
Speedball
BattlePro
CardMelee
Elite Alternative
Quake Live
Capture the flag

<<< List updated 07/04/2014 >>>

If any titlepack is missing, please tell it me!
I chosed all titlepacks except of a very few such as ''Elite'' & ''Capture the flag'' which are already very popular and have a solid playerbase in contrast to the rest. Keep in mind that the list will probably change after time.

Last words

I am very proud to announce the very first meeting! To my mind, titlepacks are an adventure, full of creativity which has to be discoverd. I also called it ''adventure'', because I know that the titlepacks and in general the project will have to face some problems, in any sort of which will come up in the future, but I know that the community is strong enough is and determined to overcome these challenges in order to provide a better future for the creative part of Maniaplanet - the titlepacks! :yes:

By these words I would like to finish this wall-of-text-post. Hopefully I'll see you in the next meeting :pil
Last edited by Soprah on 04 Jul 2014, 20:17, edited 3 times in total.

BigBuddha

Re: Meetings to play on titlepacks + MEETING ANNOUNCED + POS

Post by BigBuddha » 03 Jul 2014, 21:25

Cool that it is starting! Too bad I can't make it this time, I hope I can next time :(

Maybe add Hereos to the list? I think it never was that popular as well, though it is a cool mode.

I wish you all the fun on Saturday!

trueWohoohi

Re: Meetings to play on titlepacks + MEETING ANNOUNCED + POS

Post by trueWohoohi » 03 Jul 2014, 22:59

I chosed all titlepacks except of a very few such as ''Elite'' & ''Capture the flag'' which are already very popular and have a solid playerbase in contrast to the rest
Actually CTF does not have such an solid player like Obstacle, Siege and Royal :shock:
So I would defnitly add CTF to the list, but maybe remove some of the very popular Titlepacks like Obstacle and Siege :thumbsup:

Return to “Multiplayer”