Is this admin abuse or not?

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

Vrba

Is this admin abuse or not?

Post by Vrba »

Okay, so today there were a few people on my server today literally provoking each other and just looking for trouble so I just used MUTE, but apparently this is admin abuse. And I think if I mute someone that's using KickVote for a player that he doesn't like is normal, so he can't vote anymore. ^^
Since it's a 90k ladder server I'm asking if muting is allowed for things like that, as it basically doesn't affect the game in any way and player doesn't lose anything by getting this. I allways try to avoid kick, and lately this has proven to be a much more ''painfull'' punishment than kick.
And you can ask anyone playing FAIR on my servers, that I never use hatred towards a certain nation, but rather only to people who break the rules.

So I'm asking here if I'm doing anything wrong, because I know it's a ladder server and I'm not interested in losing the ladder upgrade because of certain people provoking and picking a fight, and then ''bribing'' me with donating planets.
My main goal is to maintain the chat normal without any hatred and insults.

Best regards,
Vrba

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K 4.20GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Strix OC
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B250F Gaming
PSU: Corsair CS550M Modular 80+ Gold
RAM: 16GB HyperX FURY DDR4-2666
SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5"
riolu

Re: Is this admin abuse or not?

Post by riolu »

As an owner of a ranked, "competitive" server, it's your task as an admin to take action once players behave against the rules - this obviously includes swearing, cussing at each other, etc. Muting these people instead of kicking was the right thing to do. The guy who sent you the message is probably just butthurt. :thumbsup:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

If they think they can allow everything, just by donating 1k planets, it's very poor.
You should send him back his donation with a calm and friendly answer.
Hopefully those are only exceptions and you are not too much deceived.
Vrba

Post by Vrba »

Well a lot of people argue about me (at least the ones who don't respect chat), maybe because I'm patroling my servers about 6h daily and I see almost everything. :twisted:

I've replied that the person is free to report me here if necessary and that I don't tolerate hatred on my server, which I repeated myself around 10 times. But I'll consider your wise words Marc and return the planets to their owner.

Best Regards,
Vrba

nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

The rules of servers are clear - you take time to run a server for people to have fun - you use the tools when players keep ignoring your rules - some players may not be happy about this so they try to bully you - it's your server, your rules, your standards of behaviour - you have done nothing that a good admin wouldn't do!

TMarc is quite right - send the planets back with a 'neutral' or friendly message and stop worrying. Hopefully, this player will actually get the idea and play within the rules - but that's his problem. Drive on...

Cheers :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
Vrba

Post by Vrba »

Well I know my server my rules, but there are certain preset rules on ladder servers. :P Better safe than sorry. And I allready sent them back so that's solved. And all mutes on my server last for 24 hrs so oh well.

plopp

Post by plopp »

Well, if I was admin I wouldn't even send the planets back. He donated the planets, that's his choice. If he then decided to be a complete idiot and break the rules that is also his choice. You don't see bus drivers give people their ticket money back if the people gets thrown off for disturbing other passengers :P
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

plopp wrote:Well, if I was admin I wouldn't even send the planets back. He donated the planets, that's his choice. If he then decided to be a complete idiot and break the rules that is also his choice.
+1
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

yeah, such planets could also be donated to the Giving Gamers then :)

Return to “Multiplayer”