Paragon League Problem

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

HaagseSmurf

Re: Paragon League Problem

Post by HaagseSmurf »

hackie wrote:A smurf is a demo account ? LOL.

I agree with Haagse , when I was reading this topic I was thinking about the people who have Smurf in their tag.
I couldn't believe it that such nice and helpfull people were cheaters.
Thx Hackie for these kind words !
arn22433 wrote:Smurf is a secondary account, you may use it cause you don't want to be recognized. Changing the rule to "no demo-account" would kick beginners from the cup which is not what they want :)
So you mean people buy a second account and then cant be recognized ?
To my knowledge all paid accounts can be recognized.
I think this rule is only referring to players who play with a demo-account instead of their own paid account.
And then i think there is the exact point of where this discussion started.

Its really hard to seperate the players who are just beginners and players who use that account as a second account. And just looking at their skill is not fair imo, because some new players on a demo-account have more skill then players on their paid-account.
The only way to avoid this issues is rule out (and yes thats sad indeed) players with a demo-account.

Perhaps NADEO could help us with something to make it not that easy creating DEMO-accounts for excisting players.
When you ban someone on your server for legitimit reasons its now so easy to come back with a demo-account.
And banning ip-adresses wont help either because most players know how to change their ip-adress. We have some bad experiences with a banned player ourselves who keeps coming back with another demo-account.

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.

Return to “Multiplayer”