I report one player for racism

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

weerwolf

Re: I report one player for racism

Post by weerwolf »

Noting personal of-course ;) to anyone for that matter. And bigmike, dislike is not the same as hate ;)
But an answer to that question is both fair and relevant to the topic i think.

I run multiple servers since 2007, and although the experinces go for tmf, tm2 and shootmania, since shootmania became the larger part of it, the experiences come most from shootmania. I also must say that it does not come alone from live interaction, but also from irc connected chat to my servers and logfiles. Factor in this issue that must be mentioned, that although i don't now numbers, i think french form the biggest group of players in mp. And of course i state my opinion here without any deliberate intent to offend french. That being said;

The most common thing is that managing a server is best done if chat is done in English. My experience is that really a lot of french players now enough english to chat, but simply refuse it. And when brought to the matter where asking friendly to chat english, u just get a french answer back. Until the point u see something like connard/putain or other, and u adress, still french. in a kick fro example, they come back, and... u get a perfectly English rant over u..... Champions at stealing first attack positions in elite, and when addressed ... as above ^^

'They' can see im from the Netherlands, so why start talking french to me> :D Ohhh thats.... soo often. I cant understand that :P

So yeah, my vision on french is not that positive no. I try to be as calm as possible as always, but i could be frustrated at some point and say something not so nice i guess. But that is frustration and not hatred ;)

I hope my explanation is satisfactory.
Last edited by weerwolf on 23 Jul 2015, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

TheBigMiike wrote:
kripkee wrote:I think I understand know why this guy (Spymach1ne) in the screen have a problem with french guys, but I could be wrong too :mrgreen:
weerwolf wrote:but like kripkee i can give some 'reasons' for disliking french too.
Thank you :roll:
Np, I try to help
TheBigMiike wrote:I really don't understand why a lot of people dislike french guys and insult them....

I also received without reasons some insults from 2 german players during an Elite match about my nationality but this was a long time ago and I didn't report them. It happens a lot of time later in others servers but I was not paying attention.

If you hate french people can you explain us why ? I should know why people insult me without reasons :?
I never told that I support that or whatever, I posted this because swinn wrote here in french in the english section, which was a easy way for me to use this as "irony". The person "Spymach1ne" maybe 'hate' french peoples because of this - but that's not really important I think^^.

I give some examples, and maybe you can deal with it :mrgreen:

SMSElite: Your team (1 from Great Britain, 1 from Spain, 1 from France)
if you want work as team, everyone will write english - but the french guy not (very often) and I can confirm it by myself (but not as 'hate' - I don't care)

Better example: LoL 5vs5 and same situation (2 from Austira, 1 from Poland, 1 from Spain, 1 France)
if you want work as team, everyone will write english - but the [...]

Of course you will have this in other situation from other guys in other country, that they use their main language. At least there is nothing negative about that, but that's sometimes annoying if you want play as team or like here with the post from swimm, there is always someone (whereever he/she comes from) who will use their language and other won't understand it (and maybe even not with translator tools).
weerwolf

Post by weerwolf »

Now Hylis wont like -me- anymore :oops: :oops:
plopp

Post by plopp »

There are assholes of every nationality, but since this is a french game with mostly french players there is bound to be more french assholes in the game :P Therefore the people that are not french will see more french people insulting than any other nationality.
TheBigMiike

Post by TheBigMiike »

:shock:

So speaking french during a match is the reason for insulting french players ? :shock:
This would be incredibly ridiculous but I don't think people insult french for that or the 'french haters' are just so stupid... really.

I never insult players who speak in their native language and it happens (Maybe not often like french but it happens). This is his problem if he cant communicate with his mate.

Swinn maybe doesn't speak english but I don't see any problem... He knows that Nadeo employees and the topic's author are french. Why should he try to speak english ? Should non-english speakers have to learn english before posting in a subforum that doesn't exist in the french section :shock: ?

Some french don't speak english because they didn't have english courses. Should they shut up and didn't say what they want to say because they don't speak english ?

Do you seriously dislike and insult a guy who speak his native language ? Not me :?
Image Image
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

The annoying bit is that [some] french people really like to talk trash about others in their native language. They can understand some of it too, which clearly upsets them.
And I've noticed it significantly more with French people than people from other countries, even though it also happens with people from other countries.
Really, if you communicate and don't talk trash or simply stay positive in your native language, well, whatever, most people can ignore that. It's still quite annoying for non-french speakers, though. Many french people probably communicate, or well, try to, in English. People simply never realize they're french that way, they also do absolutely nothing that upsets others.

It's not really a language thing anyway. It's just that I realize that (mainly in other games) people talking french (and honestly, any non-English language) are mostly trashtalking.
=3
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

TheBigMiike wrote::shock:

So speaking french during a match is the reason for insulting french players ? :shock:
This would be incredibly ridiculous but I don't think people insult french for that or the 'french haters' are just so stupid... really.
stop 'rage' pls. My example is based for "mixed" teams, and if only one is french and write in his main language, then it does not make really sense and the "communication" for this team is even useless.
TheBigMiike wrote: I never insult players who speak in their native language and it happens (Maybe not often like french but it happens). This is his problem if he cant communicate with his mate.
Like I said.
TheBigMiike wrote: Swinn maybe doesn't speak english but I don't see any problem... He knows that Nadeo employees and the topic's author are french. Why should he try to speak english ? Should non-english speakers have to learn english before posting in a subforum that doesn't exist in the french section :shock: ?

Well, if we have some forum rules, then we should use it maybe. Just an idea. I'm not here for blame him, but other guys can't speak or write english and french too. So they can't write here in russia, spain etc.? If I know, that I don't speak english, then I search someone who can speak it. [...] The question for me is, if you really have a problem with this, because nadeo is a french company and each normal french guy can write in french in english section because nadeo is french? Look at my english, it sucks, but you can understand, more or less :mrgreen:
TheBigMiike wrote: Some french don't speak english because they didn't have english courses. Should they shut up and didn't say what they want to say because they don't speak english ?

Well, I think everyone with a age of < 30 should speak english, I mean this language is important for global communication, or not?^^ And like I said, if there is someone, who can't speak/write english, then I would search someone who could help me.
TheBigMiike wrote: ...

Do you seriously dislike and insult a guy who speak his native language ? Not me :?
nope, but if you begin to write in french here, because you can, then I would think "omg no, pls", because this not the way of communication I like in "oficial" english section - and not a reason to dislike you.
Ruslan8z

Post by Ruslan8z »

my second game partner reported the Leewoo player for racism on the day of the facts in game, possible to send the screenshot to the support?
TheBigMiike

Post by TheBigMiike »

TGYoshi wrote:The annoying bit is that [some] french people really like to talk trash about others in their native language. They can understand some of it too, which clearly upsets them.
And I've noticed it significantly more with French people than people from other countries, even though it also happens with people from other countries.
I think you noticed that for french players because a lot of french players play on ManiaPlanet and others games but it's maybe the same thing for other countries. I didn't notice for Dutch players because i don't speak Dutch but if I was able to understand Dutch, I would maybe have met bad players talking trash too.

On my side, I never met players talking trash in french about non-french players on ManiaPlanet but I don't play often atm.

I can understand that you don't like people when they are speaking their native language but a lot of non-french players do that too (I met german players talking together in german, dutch players in dutch, ...) and not only FRENCH (And i don't insult them). When I see this kind of message : "I think I understand know why this guy (Spymach1ne) in the screen have a problem with french guys" For me, it's like saying "I understand why he's insulting a french guy" :? and I personnally don't understand why you understand him ?

There is bad guys in many countries ! Not only in France and there is also good guys you meet everyday on this forum so please, just stop these insults

HUG ? :)
:thx:
Image Image
swinn

Post by swinn »

I wrote in French because the problem is between two people who speak French and I had not the time and desire to translate my message immediately.

Return to “Multiplayer”