JsControl 1.0

a XML-RPC, server controller, for ManiaPlanet

Moderators: TGYoshi, NADEO

TGYoshi

JsControl 1.0

Post by TGYoshi »

Last few weeks I've been working on a XML-RPC, server controller, for ManiaPlanet.
This controller runs using Node.JS, so it's written in JavaScript.
The controller is easy to use and easy to develop in. It resembles the widely known Aseco a bit, as it uses a simple plugin system.

The controller is still in (heavy) development, but it works well and is stable.

You can download the controller at https://github.com/Tgys/JsControl . Installation instructions are also there. Contibutions, suggestions and feedback is always appropriated. 8-)

Keep in mind the controller focuses mainly on ShootMania, TrackMania 2 is supported but not as much as ShootMania.
=3
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [XmlRpc] 'JsControl'

Post by magnetik »

Great project.

Keep going !

JavaScript FTW :gobananas:
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
rycardoo
Translator
Translator

Re: JsControl 1.0

Post by rycardoo »

I liked the system.
Now and must have plugins to be very attractive.
But congratulations on the development :clap:
ImageImage
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

The coming time plugins will be developed, which is obviously the main reason people don't use this (yet). :)
=3
MiniGod

Post by MiniGod »

I checked out JsControl. It looks good, and i already made a pull request (small one, but still). There are a lot of stuff i would change. It also looks like you have some habits from PHP or something.
I (not-fully) ported gbxremote to JavaScript 2 months ago. You can take a look at it on github: https://github.com/MiniGod/node-gbxremote. Should be stable. I would suggest using that instead (its on npm). It would clean up the code in JsControl a lot. I created the README and examples yesterday for you. Should be very easy to use. I will take a look at it this weekend and send you a pull request... ;)
Guyver1

Post by Guyver1 »

Can this be used in-game?
Do you have a feature list and some screenshots of it running in-game?
My Shootmania Maps (Competitive Joust & Elite)
http://sm.mania-exchange.com/tracksearc ... horid=6161
#doa.ut on quakenet
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

Well, for now it's "just" an engine, and development is a tad slow :P. There aren't many plugins yet. Well, I'm running this controller on a TM server constantly (even though this differs a lot from SM). If you'd like to check it, you can join tgyserver @ TMCanyon.
=3

Return to “JsControl”