SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Moderators: vni, NADEO

Leri007
Translator
Translator
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Jan 2013, 12:18

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by Leri007 » 07 Feb 2013, 13:19

hi i need help with this error:
Fatal error: Class 'COM' not found in C:\tmn\Storm\smarttool\includes\class.core.php on line 2131 :idea:

User avatar
insomnia-yamyam
Posts: 324
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 04:59
Contact:

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by insomnia-yamyam » 07 Feb 2013, 15:46

Leri007 wrote:C:\tmn\Storm\smarttool\includes\class.core.php on line 2131 :idea:
Hint: SMART is dedicated for Linux and is only working with Shootmania.
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"

Leri007
Translator
Translator
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Jan 2013, 12:18

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by Leri007 » 08 Feb 2013, 08:01

OK i know its for shootmania....but i think you dont read this page ...( http://code.google.com/p/shootmania-sma ... stallation ) if is only for linux then why is there instal guid for windows... :roflol:

User avatar
insomnia-yamyam
Posts: 324
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 04:59
Contact:

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by insomnia-yamyam » 08 Feb 2013, 14:06

Leri007 wrote:... if is only for linux then why is there instal guid for windows...
I said SMART is dedicated for Linux, i did not say it won't work with Windows. The installation guide for windows have been added afterwards as many admins requested it and wanted to install SMART also at a windows based server. It may work, no question, but Linux is recommended.

So i just wanted to disclose one possible couse of trouble.
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"

Leri007
Translator
Translator
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Jan 2013, 12:18

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by Leri007 » 08 Feb 2013, 15:26

It's weird I wanted an answer to my problem and not on what OS is recommended.
If you do not know to help. Why answer to the question to which you do not know the answer. Only you give useless answers you better try to find an answer to my question. :thumbsup:

User avatar
insomnia-yamyam
Posts: 324
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 04:59
Contact:

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by insomnia-yamyam » 08 Feb 2013, 16:16

Leri007 wrote:It's weird I wanted an answer to my problem and not on what OS is recommended.
If you do not know to help. Why answer to the question to which you do not know the answer. Only you give useless answers you better try to find an answer to my question. :thumbsup:
No further informations, comments, assistance or help from me. Feel free to use an other server controller.
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"

User avatar
TheM
Posts: 1440
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 14:30
Location: Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by TheM » 08 Feb 2013, 17:16

insomnia-yamyam wrote:
Leri007 wrote:It's weird I wanted an answer to my problem and not on what OS is recommended.
If you do not know to help. Why answer to the question to which you do not know the answer. Only you give useless answers you better try to find an answer to my question. :thumbsup:
No further informations, comments, assistance or help from me. Feel free to use an other server controller.
It really shows how helpfull you are to people who use this server controller.

@Leri: are there any other logentries than the one you just posted?
Are you using it to run on a ShootMania server?
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

User avatar
insomnia-yamyam
Posts: 324
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 04:59
Contact:

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by insomnia-yamyam » 08 Feb 2013, 17:31

TheM wrote:It really shows how helpfull you are to people who use this server controller.
Is this a wonder on his respectless answer?! We do not get payed for the controller neither the support or help for it. If people don't like our answers or suggestions or assistance for a free to use server vcontroller and react like he did, they should better use an other controller. There are may other supporters of other controller who like to be treated like this. We are not here to get chated up. If i hadn't answerd him noone had! And i am not the programer of SMART even if i a am the main beta tester and be included in the development from the first minutes, long time before SMASRT even was published. Only vni could really help him with his problem and vni isnt available currently so i just wanted to HELP him, better then to get NO answer at all. Just wondering why you are interfering TheM.

Don't like the free support/help/assistence/hints you get for a free software?
That is your free decision and free meaning. It is then also your right to search for an other software/controller.

By the way and just to mention and to invalidate your statement about our support:
We have given perfect and excellent support and help for SMART in the last months!
We are just a bunch of guys who are making SMART in their sparetime and dozens of players have got helpful support which they are thankful for. You just need to read all threads in the smart forum to check this back.
But SMART is currently outdated and the last release is over three months back. So don't expect perfect and full support at this time until SMART is beeing developed again. But don't say anything bad ever again about our help and support as your statement about it is just false.

And then people wonder again and again why they don't get answers on their support questions (i know why), instead of being happy that someone at all is answering.

But whatever, case closed for me. Just answered as your reaction is as inadequate as his. But next time show more respect and manners to people who invest hundreds and thousands of hours into a project other can use for free. Just something to think about... Have a nice day. Both. I just tried to help, but won't even answer in future. Im out, beeing sick of beeing flamed for trieing to help and after investing hundreds hours into SMART and supporting it.

TheM is taking care about you know ...
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"

User avatar
TheM
Posts: 1440
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 14:30
Location: Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by TheM » 08 Feb 2013, 18:21

insomnia-yamyam wrote:Just wondering why you are interfering TheM.
I'm interfering cause you aren't helping him.
You are just telling him that SMART shouldn't be used on Windows...
That isn't what he wants to know, he wants to know how it should be fixed.
insomnia-yamyam wrote:Don't like the free support/help/assistence/hints you get for a free software?
That is your free decision and free meaning. It is then also your right to search for an other software/controller.
I always like that controllers like this are fully supported by their creators, however this support seems to be inaccurate... So I'm trying to take it over so it might be fixed.
Maybe the way I said it was a bit harsh, sorry for that...
insomnia-yamyam wrote:By the way and just to mention and to invalidate your statement about our support:
We have given perfect and excellent support and help for SMART in the last months!
We are just a bunch of guys who are making SMART in their sparetime and dozens of players have got helpful support which they are thankful for. You just need to read all threads in the smart forum to check this back.
But SMART is currently outdated and the last release is over three months back. So don't expect perfect and full support at this time until SMART is beeing developed again. But don't say anything bad ever again about our help and support as your statement about it is just false.
I wasn't talking about a "we", I was talking about you. I've never said anything about vni, who does do a great job with SMART.
Tho, I personally think that your reaction isn't the good one. But hey... that's my "meaning".
insomnia-yamyam wrote:TheM is taking care about you know ...
Well, I don't know... so I would like to know ... ;)
insomnia-yamyam wrote:But whatever, case closed for me. Just answered as your reaction is as inadequate as his. But next time show more respect and manners to people who invest hundreds and thousands of hours into a project other can use for free. Just something to think about... Have a nice day. Both. I just tried to help, but won't even answer in future. Im out, beeing sick of beeing flamed for trieing to help and after investing hundreds hours into SMART and supporting it.
I know we haven't been the best of friends on this forum, but I surely wasn't aiming to get you off the support for SMART. I find it nice to see people being helped who want to use SMART on their ShootMania server (like I have), but I found your reaction not being really helping for Leri.

I'm sorry if my reaction came over as very rude (which I expect it did), I didn't want you to get angry...
It just seemed a bit weird, and so does my reaction.
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).

User avatar
askuri
Posts: 281
Joined: 18 Oct 2011, 15:01
Location: Germany

Re: SMART 0.5.1 available (Release: 01.11.2012)

Post by askuri » 08 Feb 2013, 22:16

Hey, guys! Top fighting ^^.
The answer to the maun question here is just thatthe COM extension isnt installed/loaded. Nornally it is preinstalled.And even is you cant believ this, yamyam, COMWorks percectly witg window. But it is alsoincluded in the Win32 extension so be carefullyou dont double install the COM class!
ManiaCDN.net: the new free hoster for your custom content

Specs: i5 6600K; MSI Z170A Gaming Pro; 2x8GB Crucial DDR4 2133MHz; Intel HD Graphics 530; Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Post Reply

Return to “SMART Servercontroller”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest