Local Records

Moderators: vni, NADEO

steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Local Records

Post by steeffeen »

Hey there,

i was wondering if it is possible to show local records for maps like it is done on many servers in trackmania.
We are running a server with a game mode similar to time attack and would like to track local records (best times) for each map.
I couldn't figure out how to realize this with the current plugins like live rankings (works only for the current session) or toplists (custom column has to be maintained manually?!).

Is there a possibility for that function yet? Or is anyone working on a plugin that can do so?

If not, is a plugin able to create its own sql table?

thanks!
steeffeen
insomnia-yamyam

Re: Local Records

Post by insomnia-yamyam »

steeffeen wrote: We are running a server with a game mode similar to time attack and would like to track local records (best times) for each map.
Have seen but not checked "obstacle" in detail, but looking very similar to the official timeattack mode, so if you havn't made any heavy changes in obstacle, then time-savings should work there also as on timeattack maps.
I think the only difference is that you made the checkpoints usable (respawn after failing) , right?
Need to check obstacle again after beta 2 started on 19.12. as we already run a hidden timeattack server but timeattack sucks without usable checkpoints! (fu kackdeo) :D
steeffeen wrote: I couldn't figure out how to realize this with the current plugins like live rankings (works only for the current session) or toplists.
Both plugins are not made and usable for timesavings.
steeffeen wrote: Is there a possibility for that function yet? Or is anyone working on a plugin that can do so?
No, sadly not. We (INSOMNIA) have a timeattack server running since several months, but "hidden" as it is useless in my eyes to run a timeattack server without record/time-savings. Severl months ago it was planed to create a plugin which saves the times of each player and a widget to show up the TOP X times, but it was never realised.

Maybe there will be an plugin developer who will create a special plugin for TimeAttack or similar game modes, would be great, would need it also. But currently none of the plugin developers is working on one.

We should anyway wait what happens in 3 days when beta 2 starts and nadeo will bring several heaby updates for sure (new dedi servers, new scripts, new blocks, new styles, own 3d models, and much more). So as i know nadeo there will be a lot of bugs, lags, freezes, failures and script-adjustments to be managed and fixed before we should think about new modes or plugins i think :D

So currently it is not possible to save times/records of timeattack maps and/or to show those times in a TOPX-widget. Maybe in future ...
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

Thanks for your response!
Well i think it doesn't really matter that you can respawn several times because in the usual time attack and in obstacle you reach checkpoints with good or bad times that could be tracked.

I would like to try to develop such plugin, but i won't have time for that until sylvester..
Lets wait for beta2 and for the major world change on december 21st.. :roll:
insomnia-yamyam

steeffeen wrote:Thanks for your response!
You are welcome. :thx:
steeffeen wrote: Well i think it doesn't really matter that you can respawn several times because in the usual time attack and in obstacle you reach checkpoints with good or bad times that could be tracked.
Thats not what i mean. It is just useless to play a timeattack map if you can not use checkpoints to respawn there after you fail in sector 5 for example. Know what i mean? That nadeo diabled the checkpoints in shootmania-timeattack is a big discussion anyway since months and a lot of server admints want and need useable checkpoints but nadeo just said something like "we want checkpoints in timeattack mode to NOT work. if you dont like it make easy and short maps." lol

Thats why i thought obstacle will be great and much better then original timeattack as i have seen you made them working again (if i have seen it right). Really need to check obstacle in details next weeks, maybe i will use it for our timeattack server too ;)
steeffeen wrote: Lets wait for beta2 and for the major world change on december 21st.. :roll:
Yes, right ... i forgot the 2nd of the last twwo bad things this year ... first is the beta 2 start (with probably a lot of bugs and problems) and the 2ns is the end of the world ... :lol:

Let's see what happens next weeks, but i would wait with anything (new servers, new modes, new plugins, new scripts) until the servers are all running smooth after beta2-dedi-server start and all those changes of beta2.
GermanINSOMNIAClan!

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

insomnia-yamyam wrote:Thats not what i mean. It is just useless to play a timeattack map if you can not use checkpoints to respawn there after you fail in sector 5 for example. Know what i mean?
i know, but i wanted to point out that a local records plugin would work for obstacle AND time attack as well. ;)
insomnia-yamyam wrote:Thats why i thought obstacle will be great and much better then original timeattack as i have seen you made them working again (if i have seen it right).
well, it's still impossible to spawn players on checkpoints as the according parameter of the spawn function has to be a CSmBlockSpawn, while a checkpoint would be a CSmBlockPole.. in obstacle you simply respawn at a spawn close to your last reached checkpoint ;)

BTW: the teamspeak widget works now, but the link to connect still doesn't hand over the port correctly.. :(
insomnia-yamyam

steeffeen wrote: i know, but i wanted to point out that a local records plugin would work for obstacle AND time attack as well. ;)

BTW: the teamspeak widget works now, but the link to connect still doesn't hand over the port correctly.. :(
ok great, i may install obstacle next weeks and check it out. But i won't let a timeattack server run live without saving the playertimes.

About your TS3 problem, you may want to report your problem in the corresponding thread:
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 57&t=13819
GermanINSOMNIAClan!

askuri

Post by askuri »

Maybe there will be an plugin developer who will create a special plugin for TimeAttack or similar game modes, would be great, would need it also. But currently none of the plugin developers is working on one.
Hmm i feel me called :D
Last edited by TMarc on 18 Dec 2012, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added missing bracked at the quotation ;)
vni

Post by vni »

Hehe, yes you do!
SMART - The smarter Servertool for Shootmania
Download SMART at http://smarttool.org
Changelog: here
Frequently Asked Questions: here

IRC: #smart @ QuakeNet (WebChat)
askuri

Post by askuri »

I begin when I set up the server of a friend. He is wating for this. But anyway, coding this will take some time. Maybe Ill release in 2 weeks because I want to make it with Dedimania support and widget.If Dedimanis refuse SMTA times, Iv to create an own Database :/
vni

Post by vni »

It's a thingy of 2 hours...! :teub:
SMART - The smarter Servertool for Shootmania
Download SMART at http://smarttool.org
Changelog: here
Frequently Asked Questions: here

IRC: #smart @ QuakeNet (WebChat)

Return to “SMART Servercontroller”