Map selecting after number of players

Moderators: vni, NADEO

killer606

Map selecting after number of players

Post by killer606 »

Hello,

is there any plugin for SMART which can select maps on the basis of the players? So if there are on Royal just 8 players it will only use maps with 8 or more spawn points?
(maybe always some spawns more then players to avoid waiting lists if someone joins) So that you have a mappool of maybe 100 maps and the plugin searches for correct maps which will fit?

(sry for bad english:P)
insomnia-yamyam

Re: Map selecting after number of players

Post by insomnia-yamyam »

killer606 wrote:Hello,

is there any plugin for SMART which can select maps on the basis of the players?
Hi killer!
Simple and fast answer: No(t yet).

You are not the first who would like such a plugin (including myself) and it would be a great plugin, indeed. :thumbsup:

But i don't think it will be possible automatically, but if this plugin will ever be available i think it will be more realistic that the server admin is manually setting up some kind of "maplists". One maplist for maps which are used if 1-4 players are at the server, one for 5-8 player, one for 9-16, one for 17-32 players and one for 33+ players.
The plugin would check on every map end how many players are at the server and therefore select the corresponding maplist for the next mapload. Just an idea, maybe it would be possible to do this job automatically, don't know.

But i don't know either, if it is easily realizable and if ever any plugin developer will make such a plugin.

Greets
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"

Return to “SMART Servercontroller”